Surfed alll day... out cold at 9:30pm (lol)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Reaction score
yeaaaaah so yesterday we had some realll nice swell coming into the Gulf Coast of FL, it was at least head-high to head-high ++, I woke up at 6am drove to Bradenton Beach (where I used to live-for 2 years) from Orlando (where I live now--and went to college, etc..)... came down here to visit my Dad again since he is in for the month on vacation, Surf is just an added bonus!!

Anyhoo... so I got to the beach and out on the water at like 9:45, only 4 other souls out (guess the others were intimidated??? Or nursing hangovers since it WAS saturday morning lol)... Got out my Infiniti Xcel wetsuit (and booties since I hate being cold)... getting into that wetsuit is like trying to crawl back into the womb. and getting out of it is like being reborn... its literally the tightest thing I have ever had on my body, but its sooo warm... with these wetsuits you have to climb in through the head-hole, there are no zippers, just a hold where your head goes, and where you squeeze into and out of to get the wetsuit on... (and sidenote...EW I didnt realize I left it partially wet in my trunk, so there was MOLD on it, I had to wipe what I could off with my shirt and let the salt water do the rest...surf is a powerful motivator above aversions.)...... Got my big ol' town and country 10'0 all waxed up (I made my own surf wax!!--friggin awesome!!! AND eco-friendly!! coooooooool).... a quick stretch to warm up the muscles, and hit the water... I surfed til like 12:45, came in for 2 hrs for a nap and lunch, then went back out til 5:30.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.... what a good day :)

But then.... I had to entertain company at my house with my Dad, family over ...etc... So I am sitting there trying to be social when I felt like a zombie inside... and Im pretty sure if you could see my thoughts (like you know how in cartoon when that little bubble cloud thing is illustrated above the characters head) you would have seen a bed....and me going through the actions of getting into it and conking out...)

It was so hard to stay awake AND social... I ate everything I could find, surf makes you hungry...... but ohhhh so sleepy... Im usually an insomniac, and never really am able to go to bed early, my mind is just too active at night, brain goes into overdrive and a million ideas fly forth...

I wound up falling asleep at 9:30pm (!!!!!!!!!!!) ... used to think only an elephant tranquilizer would/could put me to bed that early.

now it is 5:45 and Im wide awake...dont know what to do with myself lol... go figure.

Hey... I got my 8 hrs! :)

But downside is that now I need to wait for the sun to come up to check the waves again and do it alllll over today :)

I am so sore right now, my pecs are screaming....

lol hope you all enjoyed that :)

You have nicer beaches down there than I do - I had to settle for Clearwater beach this weekend, and yes, it was awesome!! It's gonna be a 100 degree summer, but I am so excited that it's getting warmer.... and staying light later...

And yes, the beach was emptier than we thought it would be - assumed everyone was celebrating St. Patty's Day (the cops sure thought that, with all the traps hiding off the road lol)

Glad you had fun - and got to surf without having to drive to the other coast :)

meeee tooooo... although the other coast is prob closer to where I live in Orlando, I was down here on the gulf side visiting my Dad so its just a double plus to have surf too! :)

So happy I got to go... was too tired to do anything today though lol sooo sore

Back