I hate moving

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overthemoon

Reaction score
Roomie and I gave our notice for the 1st of April. Considering there are rats, and neighbours from hell, this one inevitable. But the dang landlord wants to have been coming into the suite when we aren't here, or at least that is his theory. The thing is, we will be here. We work graveyards so the times people will want to come will be when we are sleeping. That isn't okay with me. It isn't actually okay for people to come into my suite when I am not here anyway but that is the life, I guess. Our four cats are heading to our parents' houses for the month since they like to cause trouble.

Oh I hate moving but I do so much of it.

If you are paying to live there until April 1st, then you 'own' the inside of the apartment and have every right to tell him to stay out. I believe (laws may have changed) a landlord is only allowed to enter your property without permission if they smell a gas leak or fire. Your property is inside, and you don't want people 'casing' your stuff.... Man, I wish I were there, I'd raise some hell lol. Good luck

I'm **** sure that is the law here. I'm glad on one side that we will be here, more likely than not, I am not glad on the side that I need my sleep. We have an appointment to see an apartment on the weekend so I'd love to get that one. (We'd be able to move out earlier.

That's horrible. We have so little control over neighbours from hell and rats. I hope that your next abode is peaceful and rodent free.

Regards,

Arpil

Thank you. It's a newly renovated apartment building, whereas right now we live in a basement suite. Fingers are crossed. I'm just a little stressed since finding the place is my job. Roomie handles stress and moving less well than I do.

Yes, best wishes.

If it's any comfort, I don't think anybody likes the act of moving. I always swear I will thin out my possessions, but it never happens, hence moving is a tearful nightmare. :p

April

When I move I throw out half my clothes and anything in my closet that I haven't looked at in the last 6mths. Hasn't failed me yet.

Of course this is the third time in two years that we'll be moving so I might be lower on junk. Maybe.

I hate it too... Ive got it down to such a science after the 15+ moves Ive made that I can literally pack my life up in 8 hrs and be done with it...I can fit everything I own *almost into my nissan sentra (granted you couldnt fit a grain of rice in afterwards...but hey, who needs headroom)

Shudder. I never moved as a child, okay once. I am a walking hurricane by nature; organization does not suit me. But it must be done. The place I am hoping for has laminate flooring. No more vacuuming.

do you not have a health department in your city. here you call them tell them there are rats and they are all over landlord till the rats are gone.

If only that worked for annoying neighbors too.....

.... The woman above me has a dog that needs more attention than ages giving it as it barks religiously from 6PM to 10PM daily

Perhaps you can negotiate an inspection day with yr landcreature? If you can arrange one day a week they can show people thru,then the owner knows the place will be presentable on that day,& you guys dont have to put up with intrusive visits interrupting yr lives.
I have had it happen where the house I was in was for sale thru a different agent than the lessor.They would just turn up at the door! My rental agent advised me to turn them away(well,not so politely actually!) & from then on,it was 2hrs of a Saturday morning & that was it.Fantastic

Back