Soap Discussion.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What soap should I make?

• Coffee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spearmint

• Lavender

• Peppermint

• Total voters
Reaction score
Ok a lot of people on this website have made really good soaps so I just really want peoples opions.

Should I make coffee soap, Spearmint soap, Lavender soap, Peppermint soap, or Mountain Dew soap?

Please tell me!!!!

Answer in the poll.

Hi there:

How about combining a few e.o.s togehter to get a unique scent, perhaps something with a top, middle and bottom note. Perhap a combination of the above, apparently lavender works with most essential oils.

Lavender and Peppermint, but light on the peppermint.

Happy soapmaking.

It will mellow out if you are referring to the strength.

All the mints are really strong, anise too.

ohsoap said:
I just made a spearmint soap and now I can't even chew gum........ yuck!

trust me get it in the shower and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm give it a month at least... but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i'm not fond of mints, and lavender on its own is less than spectacular IMO.
nor do I like food/beverage scented soaps.

so I have to say "none of the above" LOL

On the topic of blending again.

I found a nice aromatherapy site that gave examples of e.o. blends for perfumery so I tried one example shown on the site and ended up with a new e.o. fragrance. I was surprised. The example included Grapefruit, Ginger, Rosewood and I added benzoin (what the heck). This resulted in a scent where I was unable to detect the individual components. Being a new soaper I was tickled with this discovery. I like blending because I have all these little bottles (15ml) of e.o. and they are not enough to scent a 3-4 lb. batch so I like mixing them and recording in my diary.

Unfortunately I didn't bookmark the site. But I will look for it and post it here if you are interested.

On mints and lavender, I agree with Ian in the bath or shower, the mints are reviving, they are a good "wake-up" soap. The lavender, of course, is calming, so it's wake-up and calm down. LOL

Back to my goals of the day,

Regards,

April

I've liked all other mints so far but the spearmint was just sickly.... maybe after the cure.... one can only hope!

I never use to like lavender but from soaping it has grown on me. It's my favorite to blend. Lavender/pepperming, Lavender sw. orange, lavender/lemongrass, Lavender/Patch.... you can see I am addicted to it now.

Yes, lavender seems to go with the other oils very well. It is sort of a universal oil. And it is usually reasonably well priced versus a few of the other oils.

Cheers,

April

I am new at making soaps to so right now I am just trying to figure out what soap I should make. Right now it's a toss between Lavender or Coffee.

And I am interested in seeing the site.

April said:
On the topic of blending again.

I found a nice aromatherapy site that gave examples of e.o. blends for perfumery so I tried one example shown on the site and ended up with a new e.o. fragrance. I was surprised. The example included Grapefruit, Ginger, Rosewood and I added benzoin (what the heck). This resulted in a scent where I was unable to detect the individual components. Being a new soaper I was tickled with this discovery. I like blending because I have all these little bottles (15ml) of e.o. and they are not enough to scent a 3-4 lb. batch so I like mixing them and recording in my diary.

Unfortunately I didn't bookmark the site. But I will look for it and post it here if you are interested.

On mints and lavender, I agree with Ian in the bath or shower, the mints are reviving, they are a good "wake-up" soap. The lavender, of course, is calming, so it's wake-up and calm down. LOL

Back to my goals of the day,

Regards,

April

April said:
Hi there:

How about combining a few e.o.s togehter to get a unique scent, perhaps something with a top, middle and bottom note. Perhap a combination of the above, apparently lavender works with most essential oils.

Lavender and Peppermint, but light on the peppermint.

Happy soapmaking.

Lav and peppermint is my number one selling soap! I can't keep enough of it made... Even people that don't like lav (including myself) love lav and peppermint.

I do a mix of lavender fields from WSP and Peppermint Oil.

Latest posts

Back