Are you obsessed with soap making?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talk about soap all the time. I think about soap all the time. I am on this forum reading about soap the rest of the time.
I'm excited to say that I've just thought up (what I think will be) a great idea for a new soap that I am going to make right now!

But, no I am not obsessed with soap.

Same here - watching TV and thinking about the Winter Wonderland flavor I want to use in my soap tomorrow and what kind of design!

a bit, I treat making soap as a pleasurable hobby, I am selling it to, I make and sell the most ;lotions, salves, shampoos, Men's products ........I am really obsessed with anti aging products :silent:

Hi ladies. I have just recently become an addict! And like it! However being new I have to say can be challenging! I been doing more hp but want to do more cp.
Are there any soaping seminars close by Nj? Nobody I know soaps so nice to talk with someone. Thx
Jody

Hi ladies. I have just recently become an addict! And like it! However being new I have to say can be challenging! I been doing more hp but want to do more cp.
Are there any soaping seminars close by Nj? Nobody I know soaps so nice to talk with someone. Thx
Jody

Welcome to the addiction!!! No I don't know of any, but there are some great tutorials on soapqueen.com

Jody

You really don't need to pay for a soap making course.
There are fantastic soaping people here on the forum and heaps of good videos on you tube.
Look at soaping 101 and soap queen.
Check all your recipes through soapcalc before you make them, just to be sure.

Jody

By soaping seminar, I am assuming you are talking about gatherings of soapers who like to get together in a conference-like atmosphere, but also have guest speakers and some 'lectures' or presentations. It's a great place to meet and network, plus you get to talk directly to some of the vendors and usually there are fun prizes and give-aways as well.

The closest one to NJ that I can find is in NY: http://www.nebubblesandblazes.com/

Others are listed here:
http://www.modernsoapmaking.com/freebies/soapmaking-gatherings-conferences-organizations/

Thank you ladies. I appreciate the help and support! I like spending time with the grandkids but soon as they leave in picking molds, colors and scents

Starting to work on my Christmas soaps. Having a hard time finding a good red! I do mostly hp but starting with cp now.

Starting to work on my Christmas soaps. Having a hard time finding a good red! I do mostly hp but starting with cp now.

Everyone has their own recipe's and advice on red, but what I do is mix a tiny bit of red oxide with a neon pink. I get a true Christmas red when I do this every time.

I thought after a while the newness would wear off, but it's been quite the opposite. After the first year or so it began to sink in but thankfully I reined myself into a manageable state.

should I back out now before it's too late?

Join us, Patrick...
1c30a62e516b9999aaee763f1dcdcce2.gif

When I first starting making soaps I was completely and utterly obsessed with it. I guess people were talking to me of other things, must have gone to work too, but all I remember is thinking about soap. Seeing soap molds everywhere, waking up in the night making recipes in my mind, thinking about designs ...

At one moment I thought: this is how it must be to be on drugs

I am a very calm person, never thought I would have this much deep passion in me.
And honestly? Soap?
Who even uses soap nowadays?

Luckily after two years it has calmed down a bit. Everyone around me uses soap now - or at least tells me so (hoping I stop talking about soap and go away soon :) )
Creams, make up and lotion was the next step.
But soaps are my deep, deep love. Tell me its about soap and I will go any distance just to see it

Mad soaper.jpg

Hello. I am obsessed for sure! I have a question. Made hp soap about 2 months ago. Was white and clean looking. In one week it turned yellow around outer perimeter?
Any ideas!

Back