Hi Guys! New Here!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamcatchergirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I just joined tonight and I must say that I am very excited to be here to learn from all of you! I have been soaping on and off as a hobby for a few years now and it has become one of the most therapeutic things for me to do. I love creating and I am also a bit of a science nerd, so this gets to tickle both fancies of mine!

I hope everyone here has been having a great day and has been working on some wonderful soap projects! What was your most recent one and how did it come out!? What did you learn from it? Talk to you guys again soon! :)

:bunny:

Hi Dreamcatchergirl and welcome!:bunny:

I'm in the middle of finishing up the first of my holiday scents. Seems weird to make bayberry, pine, gingerbread and the like in July/Aug right? My first (and biggest) holiday fair is in the middle of Sept so I've got to be a season or 2 ahead!

We LOVE soap photos so please share some of your favorites!

Hi Dreamcatcher, and Welcome!

I make mostly lotions, potions and liquid soap. My latest soapy adventure was making 100% coconut oil LS using the microwave. A little dicey, and I wouldn't recommend anyone should try it, but it turned out great! Now I have to repeat the process to see if I can duplicate the result. Just as soon as I can carve out a little time all to myself. :grin:

Hello and welcome! I haven't made soap or anything else for that matter in awhile. My last adventure was making soap for wedding favors for a wedding next month.

Hi Everyone!
I just joined tonight and I must say that I am very excited to be here to learn from all of you! I have been soaping on and off as a hobby for a few years now and it has become one of the most therapeutic things for me to do. I love creating and I am also a bit of a science nerd, so this gets to tickle both fancies of mine!

Welcome to the forum.
Where are you from?

I am Dev. I just join this forum. I want to say hi everyone.

Hi Dev. You should start your own thread in the introduction forum. :bunny:

Welcome dreamcatchergirl. I only recently started soaping, but I'm already hooked. Most recent project was a rebatch of a couple of soaps I'd made. I learned two things. First, that red is not a good color choice for rebatched soap and second, that it only takes a teeny, tiny bit of red iron oxide to color a batch of soap. I wound up with bloody raw meat soap.

Welcome, Dreamcatchergirl! :wave:

My last batch was a salt-bar batch. It's just finishing up curing.

IrishLass :)

My apologies for interrupting this thread, Dreamcatcher and all, but I think Dev needs a bit of help...

I am Dev. I just join this forum. I want to say hi everyone.
Hi Dev, Please go to the "Introduction Forum". When you see a blue button on the upper left of the top of the page that says "New Thread", click on that to introduce yourself to the group, so we can all welcome you properly. We love hearing about your soaping adventures, where in the world you live, and anything else you would like to share.

If you have questions about using the forum, or questions about soap, use the Beginners Forum. Be sure to read the "Stickies" for helpful information in both Forums.

Latest posts

Back