my colors still aren't turning out

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavender.dreams.candles

Reaction score
Well, as I promised here are my new photo's .... I used TD and everything...Don't get me wrong , I love the turn out ,but, I would like for one time the coloring I use to be that color....lol
this is berrylicious fo used.... Colors are suppose to be from bottom...
dark violet, yellow, white, dark violet, yellow and white mixed.
0731200901590.jpg
0731200902020.jpg
0731200902011.jpg
0731200902010.jpg

Also, why is it that I have lately had such an oil leak .... I mean in my long mold after I pour my soap into the mold and get it all covered oil starts to leak out of the bottom of the mold..... then with the smaller mold (which this batch was made in) I got the soap out and the bottom was covered with a much of oil..... I think it's because I have been maybe using to much FO ...but, I might be wrong.... I've been using 1oz per 16oz's of oil.

Well, the soaps turn out but I just wonder why things like this have been happening.

I'd advise you to go back to the basics; learn to make a simple no foo foo soap first. Soapmaking is a craft and you should gain a basic understanding of it before getting into sales.
I'm afraid that if there's a large amount of oil left unsopanified, you'll end up with a lye heavy soap.
The amount of FO depends on how concentrated your FO's; ranging from 2 to 5% in non sensitive skin adult soap.

lavender.dreams.candles said:
Also, why is it that I have lately had such an oil leak .... I mean in my long mold after I pour my soap into the mold and get it all covered oil starts to leak out of the bottom of the mold..... then with the smaller mold (which this batch was made in) I got the soap out and the bottom was covered with a much of oil..... I think it's because I have been maybe using to much FO ...but, I might be wrong.... I've been using 1oz per 16oz's of oil.

Well, the soaps turn out but I just wonder why things like this have been happening.
either because your soap isn't fully emulsified before you are pouring or because it overheats in the mold.

I agree with the advice to back up.

I gave up on my colors turning out long ago:)
The only one that does is my red oxide making a pink soap.

I just let the ingredients and fo's do their thing and whatever the color turns out is what I go with(hardly any batch turns out the same color which is good), besides many people don't want colorants in their soaps.

titanium dioxide won't change the color, or even get rid of yellow undertones. about all it can do is make vibrant colors more pastel and white more bright

TD makes my soap white , The OO I use has a green-yellow undertones .It works fine , I find the oil soluble works better for me.

Kitn

Latest posts

Back