I've lost my way.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deda

Reaction score
Can you believe it. We get in the car a few minutes ago, going to somewhere we've never been. My Garmin is missing. I can't believe someone would steal a 3 year old garmin. Really sucks.

someone stole it? dayum!

I really want one - why didn't I think of that?

it was old. I got it for DH for xmas a couple years ago. the maps can't update anymore.

I'm navigating now with his laptop and verizon card. How cool is technology!

Deda, I know this may sound silly because i'm not clued into the GPS side of things (other than to understand the satilite side of things with it) but I was wondering, is it a device that can be used to store your home address details in? if so, I recieved an email a couple of months back about taking safety precautions with such things because they were being stolen and used to track the home address of its owner, one poor lady had hers stolen and within a short time of it being stolen and her returning home the perpetrators had cleaned her home out.

My home address is in there, but it's also on every bar of soap I sell.

I lock my doors, have a big dog and good neighbors. Can't do much more to protect myself.

I've gotten to where I pop mine off the window base and stick it in it's case and then tuck it in my bag before I leave the car. I got mine right when the fancy widescreens came out and paid $400 for the sucker. I'm not taking any chances...lol. Sorry yours got stolen. That sucks.

I got the stupid thing as a gift for DH, but I used it as much as he did.

I just looked and the prices have come way down, when I got it for him it was almost $500. Now you can get simple ones around $100.

It's great for trips - we took it with us when we drove up the Pacific Coast Highway and also in Las Vegas, never got lost once.

I couldn't live without my Garmin! I don't put mine on the winshield anymore, I simply put it in a cup holder so there are no tell-tale marks on the windshield. That baby got me to and from the RenFest all weekend and it was in a spot I would never have found without it.

I'm sorry your's got stolen Deda.... :cry:

Latest posts

Back