How to deal with cat hair and curing soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL biarine you are so right. I have seen horror stories on some YouTube videos.

I wanted to add that yes, I live in Texas, yes is hot, all sort of animals leave outside year round. Horses, birds, cows, goats, etc. I have seen city folks do silly stuff like walk their dogs in hot cement at 3 pm when the weather is around a 100, and I imagine those poor creatures have their paws burn, makes me want to make the owner walk bare foot, and they probably do it again the next day.
I love all animals, but I personally think there is a place for them.

Sorry OP my comment derail your thread. I will now unsubscribe from it. But I thought about your problem, and if others think is ok to cure soap in tissue paper, tissue like the one use for gifts, perhaps that would be a super cheap and easy way to avoid the cat hair in your soaps. Is probably thin enough for the soaps to breath.

LOL biarine you are so right. I have seen horror stories on some YouTube videos.

I wanted to add that yes, I live in Texas, yes is hot, all sort of animals leave outside year round. Horses, birds, cows, goats, etc. I have seen city folks do silly stuff like walk their dogs in hot cement at 3 pm when the weather is around a 100, and I imagine those poor creatures have their paws burn, makes me want to make the owner walk bare foot, and they probably do it again the next day.
I love all animals, but I personally think there is a place for them.

Sorry OP my comment derail your thread. I will now unsubscribe from it. But I thought about your problem, and if others think is ok to cure soap in tissue paper, tissue like the one use for gifts, perhaps that would be a super cheap and easy way to avoid the cat hair in your soaps. Is probably thin enough for the soaps to breath.

Since I was young we have dogs, cats and other animals in our farm. Our dog and cat they can stay outside if they wanted to but they about to get in if it's hot or raining. They have liberty to going in and out.

True I seen a lot in youtube that they never use apron when they making soap for sale.

When I was a kid all animals were outside. As an adult, they're all inside. Cats & dog now, never horses or goats. :)

When I soap they are all upstairs. I cure and dry in a cabinet and have covered with a food umbrella (dollar store). Starting this weekend though, I'm constructing something like Kettish posted. GENIUS!!

Horses? You don't let your horses inside? ;)

Teasing aside -- I don't either, but I have let my sweet, calm mare Sissel walk through my leather shop a couple of times. (The shop is what was once the garage attached to my house.) She just wanders in one door, briefly looks around, and walks out the other. Scared the dickens out of Connie, the gal who works with me -- I'd forgotten to tell her that an 900 pound horse was doing the tour.

Teasing aside -- I don't either, but I have let my sweet, calm mare Sissel walk through my leather shop a couple of times. (The shop is what was once the garage attached to my house.) She just wanders in one door, briefly looks around, and walks out the other. Scared the dickens out of Connie, the gal who works with me -- I'd forgotten to tell her that an 900 pound horse was doing the tour.

Wow that's awesome, I never grew up with horses but I love to have them too. In my father's farm we have buffalo ( we make buffalo cheese ), a little bit of cows and goats as well as chickens.

Fantastic DeeAnna I would not mind the horse in the house if it was big enough. Well I am crazy about dogs, and horses......... I was so determined that I had overcome the hair allergies and even against my parents then husband wishes I was riding them, The world looks completely different when you have this animal so close to you, especially when the animal appreciate you, eh I want to be young again and have 8 dogs and at least 3 goats ;)

They just do not have the rite sneakers for their horses hooves...

Cuddles2.jpg

Yikes guys, don't get mad at me.

In my personal preference, people that mess with food and cosmetics, should not have animals around. Before I made soap, I always asked to the people I bought from if they had animals in the house. If they did, I would pass. I am one of those germ freaks. But again, is probably just me, and most people don't care.

I have bought a packet of expensive French dessert and later found out on their menu that she put a picture of her pet chameleon in it. Duh... This might upset some reptile lover/ keeper, but the fact that she said she keep chameleon as a pet and she makes money from homemade desserts & soaps just make me feel so yuck!!!

I'm sorry I sounded like a high school snob girl...but here's my two cents.

And WOW! KC! What a cute pix!!! ;)

I attended a craft market with the said reptile lover, and she put her green iguana on the table along with cakes slices and cookies. I'm sure it might be a conversation starter, but I really find it repulsive... I died a little bit just seeing its claws laying on food. ( though with a plastic bag for barrier, it is NOT enough!!! )
And sometimes she brings bullfrog along. It's such a creative thinking...
:headbanging:

Its the sight of their little faces pressing up against the windows sunrise arts :)

Latest posts

Back