Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porchman

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am not a soap maker but the beautiful women I am dating is.
So I am trying to be knowlegable and or helpful.
What I do do is build and she needs a drying rack. Can anyone point me to a forum where may be talking about racks and what makes a good one?.

Thanks.

I think if you look through some of the posts on here you will find discussions about curing/drying.

Things that spring to my mind are;
Stainless steel good not aluminium
Wood good
Good airflow but possibly covered to avoid contamination.
Easy access - pull out racks?
Will fit somewhere without being in the way but doesnt get covered in pet hair or is in sunlight

Kind of depends on where you are thinking she would want it, does she have an area that is crying out for a drying rack?

If you want to make something for her, other options could be a soap cutter - either single or multi cutter.

HTH

Thanks for the info, Size is unknown. She did say maybe with wheels. Will be going with wood.
I think I can make one that will fold flat when not in use.

Fold flat when not in use? You mean a soap rack that will <...gasp...> sometimes be EMPTY? Oh, my gosh, Porchman, you have noooo idea. :)

Seriously though, you sound like a keeper ... your lady is a lucky woman.

The size will depend on the space she has but think picture frames covered in screening that will slide into a grooved rack. The rack can be covered on three sides with screening and the front can have framed doors covered in screening. The picture frame screening will have to hold a lot of weight (soap is heavy) the frames should be spaced about 6 inches apart. Always think maximum air circulation and cleanliness.

Back