Community Candle reviews

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1500936314.799975.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1500936341.268084.jpg

https://www.communitycandlesupply.com

I made these on June 3. Picture taken today (July 24.)

1 cup of soap per container, plus 1- 2 tsps. of fragrance (I can't remember, I forgot to write it down).

Pearberry - love this one. Soft with a hint of tartness. I can see this being a favorite with both women and girls. Fruity and flowery. The scent is strong, yet delicate. No discoloration. Will buy again.

Salty margarita - VERY GOOD. Smells salty/citrusy. I admit, when I bought this I was NOT expecting it to hold up to CP, but it does! Will buy again! Discolors off-white. I think it was actually whiter before I left it in my car on a hot July day, so I think preventing gel might keep this one close to white. Doesn't really have an fizzy / alcohol note, so you could also call it Gatorade.

Muscadine - grape candy. A bit more grown-up and complex than the scent of grape bubble yum. Not bad, but not as good as Tony / Pure Fragrance Kudzu. If you want a scent that smells like a real muscadine, this is not it. (sadness). Strong scent. Would buy again if not for Pure Fragrance Kudzu (kudzu flowers actually do smell like grape bubble yum)

Vanilla Patchouli - Less sweet than OOB. a bit on the bland side. I really love it in lotion and candles so I will buy it again in small quantities for that, but would not buy for soap. Discolors a lot.

Vanilla Bean - Pretty good. Leans more towards vanilla extract than vanilla frosting or vanilla ice cream. Not THE vanilla for me, but not bad. Probably won't buy again. Discolors.

Going Nuts - total disappointment. OOB smells delicious like a jar of peanut butter. Soaped - vague nutty / starchy scent. Discolors a lot. Would not buy.

Caribbean coconut - faint, sometimes coconutty, sometimes plastic. Would not buy again.

Vine Ripe Tomatoes - this is a combination of tomato leaves with a hint of tomato fruit. Very nice! On the strong side - I would use it at medium or light b/c it is a bit harsh. Not in an artificial way, though. Would buy again.

Thanks for this Dixie! I've never heard of Community Candle Supply so this opened a new window of FO's for me. You should add a page on the fragrance review spreadsheet (or ask DeeAnna to do it). That Salty Margarita sounds like it's right up my alley!

There is a page on the chart for them. Only a few reviews, I think most or maybe even all of them are from me. I am planning to add these tomorrow.

They are candle people first, so I've actually had quite a few duds with them fragrance wise. But a few winners. And now they're starting to carry crafters choice items such as colors and molds. And I can go on my lunch break and smell things! Be jealous of me. ;)

Back