Tea Tree EO + ??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilyandlove

Reaction score
I would like to make some facial bars with tea tree oil, but tea tree oil alone is not my cup of tea, smell wise. I searched and found some good ideas, but the posts were quite old. Looking for some updates! :)

Can you recommend good blends with tea tree oil and at what percentage of each?

Also, how long is tea tree eo good for? I have some bottles from awhile back (stored in dark bottles in cool, dark place).

Thank you!

I like lavender with tea tree (I'm sure I've mentioned that a lot). One part tea tree to two parts lavender.

I imagine herby florals will go well with tea tree but I'm not at home to putt out bottle and start sniffing

I've never even attempted formulating fragrances with tea tree since I don't like it either, but herby things is what I've heard from others too. Rosemary, mint, sage, lemongrass, even eucalyptus maybe?

I like lavender with tea tree (I'm sure I've mentioned that a lot). One part tea tree to two parts lavender.

I imagine herby florals will go well with tea tree but I'm not at home to putt out bottle and start sniffing

I think I'll most definitely use lavender.
I also saw a lot of people like peppermint... Would it be weird if I do lavender, peppermint, tea tree? Maybe it's too much...

I've never even attempted formulating fragrances with tea tree since I don't like it either, but herby things is what I've heard from others too. Rosemary, mint, sage, lemongrass, even eucalyptus maybe?

Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Lavender, Rosemary & Tea Tree is a classic blend for hair and face. You can play with the ratios to find the one you like best.

Here's another blend that smells lovely in soap.

52.5% clary sage
17.5% peppermint
10%. Tea tree
10%. Lavender
10% orange

Lavender, Rosemary & Tea Tree is a classic blend for hair and face. You can play with the ratios to find the one you like best.

Here's another blend that smells lovely in soap.

52.5% clary sage
17.5% peppermint
10%. Tea tree
10%. Lavender
10% orange

Thtat sounds nice! :D

Back