This look ok?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
I finally took the liquid soap plunge but made the mistake of not making enough and then getting too scared to add oils/KOH to try and fix it all.

Recipe:
147g olive
55g coconut
20g castor
115g water
48g KOH

I started in one of my standard soap bowls then transferred everything to a stock pot and put it on heat when nothing got warm. I'm currently 2 hours from when I started and I think I'm at gel but also think I should leave it on the heat. Before I start panicking I'd figure I'd ask if I'm on the right track.

Edit:
Just realized I forgot some information. I started in hopes of trying Susie's CP method but was having trouble with my batch size and moved it to the stock pot and put it on heat (low)

IMG_0357.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping/adding

I portioned part of my paste for Soap2go and I'm a bit proud of it (in that it doesn't zap and seems to be competent soap. I have no idea if it will solidify a bit but seems to work in the tubes. I'm going to a convention next week and am thrilled that I have an alternative to whatever soap will be at the venue

IMG_0361.jpg

I am at no help here, as I haven`t made liquid soap before. But just wanted to say what a clever idea of using lipbalm tubes!
Stores easily in your pocked and easy to travel with. Nice!

Latest posts

Back