What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhonda - That is a dolphin in there! I'm not sure where I found it, but I love dolphins and think they are one of the most graceful and intelligent beings on the planet. This one was a perfect shape for what I wanted, so I stole it. LOL Then I added water drops to it (sorry you can't see that detail in that pic). It's actually really pretty full size.

And I sure hope you do get to go swimming with dolphins. That would be so totally awesome.

Starduster - Yeah I know what you mean about names. I went to school with a poor guy who's name was Marsh and his last name was Mellows. I kid you not. I always felt sorry for him. His parents were teachers too. They should have been punished for doing that to their child.

I've never minded the names my Mom gave me at birth... June Anne. Nice and simple and easy to say. LOL But the nickname didn't come along until I was in my early twenties. The lady who originally gave it to me was such a sweetheart and my best friend. She'd never seen a Junebug either, but one year they swarmed through the Okanagan Valley (Vernon BC, if you know the area) and we all got to 'experience' them. Ew!! Once I'd seen a Junebug, I was done with that nickname. I mean, who wants to be called something that everybody wants to kill? But by then nearly everyone I knew was calling me Junebug. They thought it was "cute". Ugh! Like I said, it took me years to get the family to drop it. I finally told some of them to go online and have a look at what a Junebug looks like... then tell me if they'd like that for a name. LOL That seemed to do the trick. Now they just call me June. LOL

Juen the world just keeps getting smaller and smaller - I lived in Falkland for a couple of years and worked for Corbett Office Supplies in Vernon as a photocopier sales person! So I know Vernon well - too funny!

:D Well, for goodness sake, Lindy! I was working for the glass plant back when all that name stuff happened. I have family all through the Okanagan, although I've been living in Alberta since mid-'84. We may have even met at some point... you never know. LOL

I am a also a beekeeper, and have done some research on bumble bees,

hence the name "bombus" their scientific name. I am anxious to

experiment with using honey in soap.

What a buzzzzz

bombus said:
I am a also a beekeeper, and have done some research on bumble bees,

hence the name "bombus" their scientific name. I am anxious to

experiment with using honey in soap.
Welcome Buzzy, you will have fun. Read up on the honey soaping , it does a heating up thing.
Bee that as it may...... sorry, you really will have fun.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My name is the mixture of my first and my last name, not very original, but there you go. My avitar is a comedy duo called the Mighty Boosh, very off the wall, you either get them or you don't, like marmite and olives, and I happen to like them too! :lol:

my user name goes along with my email... Ruper however is my pet lizard.. he's my cutie pie lol he's a black collard lizard and the size of my hand.

My avatar is my pup Layla.. the picture is amusing to me b/c she's sitting down to eat b/c she's lazy lol

I'm surf grrrrl a couple of places. I love to surf, though I am not very good at it. And I suppose I'm hardly a girl anymore - but "surf woman" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Current avatar is a painting I did for my sister when she had her baby last fall: it's her and her daughter. Not sure if I'll keep this avatar or switch it up a bit.

My username is studio a la mode because "a la mode' means in style, or mod, and I try to create in style things in my studio!

My avatar is simply me because of ineptitude. I found several cool things I wanted to use as avatars, however, I couldn't size them right. So you're just stuck looking at me until I can find something I can work with!

Welcome

studioalamode said:
My username is studio a la mode because "a la mode' means in style, or mod, and I try to create in style things in my studio!

My avatar is simply me because of ineptitude. I found several cool things I wanted to use as avatars, however, I couldn't size them right. So you're just stuck looking at me until I can find something I can work with!

I love your saying.
Welcome and enjoy.
:lol:

I work for this company - so it's my passport to socialize with awesome soapers at work. ;)

Avalon is one of my favorite movies by one of my favorite directors. Haven't watched it in a long time. Off to put it in my Netflix queue...

rubyslippers here - once saw someone had used that as part of their email address & I just liked it; naturally made me think of the Wizard of Oz which was a show I have loved since childhood so that's where my username came from. My avatar is a picture of my incredible little cairn/westie mix.

This is a really fun thread and I enjoyed reading everyone's stories. A very creative bunch, we.

I have been "oldragbagger" forever. My husband and I are sailors for 30 years. A ragbagger is what a lot of folks in the boating world call a sailor. The fact that we have been doing it together for 30 years should make the "old" part self explanatory. I never think of getting a different name because, first of all, I have never ever in all these years run into a situation where it was already taken. And also, folks that run into me on different forums always know its me!!

I will, of course, not use this as a business name if and when i go into business because everyone would be going "what the hell :?: , but for socializing, it's who I am.

The monkey just illustrates perfectly how bamboozeled I feel most of the time when I am trying to learn something new, which I am at this point with soapmaking.

I've been using CraftyDad for years. Why? Cuz I'm a Crafty Dad. You know....a father (two boys) who is very crafty/creative. So much so that it drives my wife crazy.

Yikes!

Avatar: well...it's pretty basic. A blue square with Crafty Dad printed on it. I know: boring. boring. :)

--mike

Well, I just found this thread so I guess I'll 'splain...

When I was little my family went to this place on the beach that had playground stuff near the water, I thought it was called "kittywings." My family insists that we never went anywhere like that, but why do I remember it then? I used to lie and tell people that there were flying cats there, but I knew THAT part wasn't true. Anyway, we'd drive past places and I'd always say "is THAT kittywings?!?" (too cute for words, I know ;)) Alas, "no" was always the answer I got. :cry:
My mom found a great xmas ornament about 10 years ago and gave it to me, I hang it from the mirror in every car I have.

Sometimes I use mrowmrow in remembrance of my old cat Charlie who was the most AMAZING CAT EVER!!! Whenever I would call him he'd trot towards me in the cutest way and chatter "mrowrowmrowrowmrow...." Unfortunately, I had to move around unexpectedly for a while in college and left him at my sister's house, I was gonna come back and get him but she said he ran away. I don't know if I believe that, but then again, he just showed up the day I moved in, came in the cat door and climbed on my lap and became "mine." I HATE not knowing what happened to him. :(

My avatar was just a funny picture I found online, I can take credit for neither the fat cat (though I have a fatty of my own... and 2 trimmer ones) nor the "sexy" bathroom.

As much as it may seem like it, I'm not obsessed with cats... just pizza. (I'm hungry, can you tell?)

Latest posts

Back