Cold process/oven process soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detroitgirl77

Reaction score
I really want to try cpop soaping, but a lot of the directions state for me to set my oven at 170 F. My oven is about 5 or 6 years old and the lowest setting is 200 F. Can I still do this? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Turn the oven on and set it to the lowest temp setting. As the oven comes to temperature, make your soap. Put the soap in the oven, turn the oven off, and just let the residual heat do its thing. If that seems like too much heat overall, try turning the oven off maybe 10-20 minutes before the soap goes in the oven.

My oven has the lowest setting of 200. I ignore it and set it a skosh below 200 sometimes a smidgeon more than a skosh. That's kinda like just a tad more. Works fine for me. Keep the light on, turn the stove off after 2 hours and leave it in there for 22 more hours with the light on. I used to do that but now just take it out of the oven after a couple hours and wrap it in two really big worn out paint stained towels full of holes.

I got my test batch made and cut. Had a little bit of the batter puff out a bit, but I think that is because the heat got a little bit too high. I did a very slight in the pot swirl with some bordeaux mica since I planned on using a berry fragrance oil which I forgot after I poured into the mold. Today I won't forget. I also dusted the top of the loaf with a bit of mica as well.

20131025_085254-2_zpsbaaf6c14.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Soap Making

Latest posts

Back