Books

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick

Reaction score
Some time ago I bought a book : The everything soapmaking book" It helped me get started, anyone read it?

I've actually never read any books, luckily enough after days on end on line I learned what was truth and who didn't have a clue! Then just kept looking for as much info as I could get.
I think it was snowdrift farms that sent me in the right direction as far as good truthful directions.(Haven't done one of their recipes yet) I started off making soy candles and with the fragrance websites always came soap info too.

I got it for Christmas and I do like it.

I already had two other soaping books: Smart Soapmaking and Milk Soapmaking, both by Anne Watson. They were both good for me in getting started, and nothing I read there contradicts what I've learned on the site.

The Everything Soapmaking Book isn't quite so detailed as a book about each individual topic, but I've found it instructive and useful.

soapbuddy said:
I prefer soap books by Alicia Grosso.

That is Alicia Grosso's book. That was the first soaping book I bought. I wish there was a sequel for soapers on an intermediate level. You'd be a perfect author for that Soapbuddy! I would buy something like that in a second. :D

heyjude said:
soapbuddy said:
I prefer soap books by Alicia Grosso.

That is Alicia Grosso's book. That was the first soaping book I bought. I wish there was a sequel for soapers on an intermediate level. You'd be a perfect author for that Soapbuddy! I would buy something like that in a second. :D
I guess that didn't come across the right way; sorry. I knew that. :oops:
I have a rough draft about soapmaking in the works, but there are soooo many soapmaking books out there, I'm afraid mine would just get lost in the shuffle.

I wish there was a sequel for soapers on an intermediate level.

I was thinking the same thing! Not that I consider myself an "intermediate" but perhaps "experienced beginner"??

I liked the "Everything" book and I find myself going back to reference things from time to time. No knowledge is wasted!

soapbuddy said:
I have a rough draft about soapmaking in the works, but there are soooo many soapmaking books out there, I'm afraid mine would just get lost in the shuffle.

I don't think so....you have so much experience and many know you and look to you for advice on forums. I would definitely prefer a book written by you! :)

I have everything soapmaking in my amazon wish list. Beginning to sound like I need to order it. I was concerned about it being info I've picked up elsewhere. Not that I know everything there is to know about CP :D

kaelily said:
soapbuddy said:

I don't think so....you have so much experience and many know you and look to you for advice on forums. I would definitely prefer a book written by you! :)
Thank you. I appreciate that very much.

Latest posts

Back