Big box of melt and pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petech

Reaction score
I ordered this HUGE box of melt and pour soap from online. I'm opening it for the first time today. So far I'm finding it hard work to dig bits of it out with either a normal size metal spoon, or with a large string metal spoon. What are some other ways to get chunks out for melting that doesn't require lots and lots of muscles? Thanks in advance!

A knife may be? I have no experience with M&P but knife is what I use for cocoa butter. I push it in a little and try to pry off a chunk. Works very well for me.

When I use MP, I get it in a 25 lb block, and use a scraper like this to chunk it up.

88256346807373p.jpg

I third using a knife. I have a giant block and hack at it with a knife when I need some

A knife works best if you don't have one of those pastry cutter thingies. The longer and sturdier the knife, the better. Even a cleaver, if you have one. If you can, cut it into logs now, then into smaller sizes and just stack it back in the box for storage. Use two hands when cutting, by pressing down on the handle with one hand and on the top of the blade with the other hand. Be careful, of course.

If it were me, I'd use it as an opportunity to run to the woodshed and get the ax! :mrgreen:

Back