Love this forum!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soaps_and_more

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to tell you all how much I love this forum. Wanted to thank all the people that work for it!
And all the people posting, sharing their experiences, thoughts and findings.

Am not posting anything because of internal problems (too depressed to feel I have anything to say).
But come here often. The liquid soap thread is genius!
Thank you all!
:bathtub:

Thank you for your kind words, Soaps_n_more! You brightened my day. :) I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling under the clouds. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today.

IrishLass :)

Thank you all!
Very kind

... and IrishLass: I made a liquid soap, it took something like 20 mins, just melting the oils and then not even 2 mins with the stick blender (until floating bubbles) and it really came out well. Nearly disappointing ;-) everyone making a fuss, taking hours to do it and there you go post a way to do it fail save in 20 mins. Really want to thank you again for all the time you took to write the instructions.

how do I make soap without creating a lot of mess? have tried and failed. I need a small recipe for using lye made from olive oils and lye made from ash water. thanks. and can I make this into a hard bar of soap?

I need a small recipe for using lye made from olive oils and lye made from ash water.

You might get more replies from starting your own thread. Lye from ashes is a fascinating topic, but I will admit that I have no practical experience with it.

this thread on historical soap making has some good reference material. Most members purchase their caustic rather than making it from ash. For learning purposes, can you get prepared lye or do you have an abundance of ash that needs to be us up?

how do I make soap without creating a lot of mess? have tried and failed. I need a small recipe for using lye made from olive oils and lye made from ash water. thanks. and can I make this into a hard bar of soap?

Welcome to the forum.... please go to the introduction forum and tell us a little about yourself. The start a new thread. You will certainly get more responses than tacking onto another thread not related to your question.

I also recommend reading the last 10-20 threads in the beginners section as well as the lye section. You will glean a whole lot of information and may even find the answer to some of your questions.

Back