Measurements for Bath Bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msyoung

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I am new to Bath Bomb making, I would like to apologize if this sounds dumb, please help, I searched the net for this but could not figure it out.

I want to make a small batch of Bath Bomb for starters
1 cup Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Citric Acid
I want to use Epsom Salt, Kaolin Clay, Oil, Fragrance, SLSA, Polysorbate, Oil, FO, & RA
my struggle is a measurement of these mentioned ingredients, how do I work out my measurements?

Can anyone guide me please: cry: .. Then I will work it out. :)

Thanks

I'm sorry I can't be of more specific help but WSP (Wholesale Supplies Plus) has a recipe; Rustic Escentuals does too, I believe.

General rules: (but I don't make a ton of bath bombs, so take these with a grain of salt)

- polysorbate - generally used 1:1 with the oils on the recipe. This is both fragrance oil and the oils for binding

- oils - measure by the tsp until you get the consistency you want. The mix should be similar to wet sand or those kinetic sand toys.

- slsa - follow the reccomended useage. I don't use this and don't know the useage rates bu it should be around 10-20%

- clays, Epsom, salts, other additives - start with the tsp or tbsp and use trial/error to find what you like

Nearly every supplier has a recipe for a basic bath bomb. Finding a recipe from your supplier is probably the easiest way to go but it's just as fun to play with the rules and find your personal favorites.

As a general rule, mix the dry ingredients then add the wet. You can always make the mix wetter but you can't really dry it out easily if you make soup

Join fb group specializing in BB. In the files you will find recipes .......there is a huge number of BB groups, Do the search here, we have many posts with the same questions answered. Look at very bottom of page and you will see 5 threads about BB "

Back