Unwanted body oil cream mix... what to do now?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvzzme

Reaction score
I've made 2 lbs of body butter from some butter and oil and I don't like it. Now I want to make it into soap instead of throwing out this 2 lbs of cream mixture down the drain, but I don't remember the amount of each butter and oil. Any ideas how I can do this? Right now the mixture has a consistency of almond milk, looks like off white liquid. If it can turn into soap, It can be any soap such as laundry soap... just don't want to waste the oils. Someone please help me.

Keeping notes on everything is a really good habit to get into. You can be old school like me and use paper and binder, or tech savvy and keep it on the computer. But, without an exact amount of each oil, with a total weight, I am not sure where to tell you to start.

What butters and oils did you put in there? You could have a look at the SAP values and if they are similar choose the lowest value and make soap based on that. You might end up with a really high superfat but at least it wouldn't be lye heavy. You will need to know how much of your 2lb batch is scent and other ingredients though as you will also have to take that out of the total weight too.

Latest posts

Back