Mmm Watermelon

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcornett

Reaction score
Had to share this one because it's not all too often that a soap turns out just like you planned...LOL! But this one pretty much did, I was pleased with it. I layered the two colors on the bottom, then I staggered rods of black soap throughout the remainder of the batch. I used rods so that every bar would have seeds, instead of the hit and miss you get with embedding balls.

6f6bccfa-e4c9-451b-830a-9a9caa2cfbb9.jpg

OOooo! I sure can appreciate a little reminder of a summertime treat on such a cold wintery day. Love it!

Too cute! How long did you make the logs? The length of your mold?

Kazmi my mold is 22 inches long. So that's how long the rods are. I just started by making enough black soap to fill the bottom inch & a half or so of one of my molds. When it hardened I sliced it lengthwise and rounded off the edges to form long black rods. And yes, that was quite time consuming! LOL! But it turns out that, that was enough black to make rods for a few batches. :p And sometimes you just have to invest a little time to make a batch that's not so ordinary, that's all part of the creative/fun. :smile:

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments!

Back