Ecosoya CB - Advanced Soy Wax pour temps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magical

Reaction score
I am using this wax and can't seem to get a good HT. I am heating to 160 adding FO 9% - at 130 and stirring gently until 120 at which point I pour.

Can anyone please help with my HT... Are these temps OK ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated ! Thanks

I let them cure for about a week ....help :razz:

I see your new too the forum - Welcome, would you like to introduce yourself, we love to have new Aussies here. Where do you live ?

Ecosoya can basically be melted and poured anywhere between 50 Celcius and 100 Celcius. Having said that the most common pouring temperature is around 70 degrees Celcius.

You should add any fragrance and colour approximately 5 degrees hotter then what you are planning to pour at and mix in well. Therefore if you want to pour at 70 Celcius then heat your wax to approximately 75 Celcius and add in your fragrance and colour. By the time you mix it in the temperature will have dropped down ready to pour.

For fragrance loading, between 8-10% per 100 grams of wax for the fragrance oils and about 6% for the essential oils. The best way to do this is by weight. Therefore for every 100grams of wax, it is recommended using between 8 and 10 grams of fragrance.

A week is fine for curing.

Hi Relle9,

Thanks for your post ... yes I am new to the forum so need all the advice I can get.

I live in Sydney and have started making candles for family and friends but have decided to try and sell them.

I started out using C3 soy but found it just too difficult with wet spots. I then moved to GW464 and really liked this soy. No wet spots and nice creamy tops until you burn them. I did not like the look of them after they are burnt - big pit holes and not smooth. I tried all different temps with pouring and it made no difference.

I then did some goggling and found many good reviews on the Ecosoya CB Advanced Soy Wax so I decided to go with it. Only down side is wet spots. I know this is part of soy wax and I may just have to live with it.

So that's my journey to date .....:D

Can you recommend any places that have good quality FO's ? Still shopping around.

Thanks again !

Thanks Relle9 I will check them out...

I have found a jar which I love but Natural Candle Supply seems to be constantly out of stock and they don't expect it in for another 3 weeks. Driving me crazy !

Can I ask what wicks you find best with the Advance ? I am using the CDN and find them good but I see HTP seems to get good views also. Not sure if I should give them ago or stick with what I know.

One other question and I'm not sure if its a soy thing or not. I am finding my flames flicker a lot of the time. They are in no draft or air con vents. I use 9% FO and was wondering if this might be causing it?

Thanks again for your help !

Last edited:
I use HTP wicks, so your wicks could be the problem or too much FO. I had a problem with a test burn and dropped my FO from 10% to 8% and all was fixed. Its a lot of trial and error and the weather plays a part as well. So if your having trouble one day, leave it 'til another.

Thanks Relle9, I appreciate your help !! I might give the HTP wicks ago ... yes all trial and error.

Will let you know how I get on :)

Just one more quick question .... I am looking for these boxes without the window in white ... any suggestions ???

21895_5%20White%20Box.jpg

Latest posts

Back