~*~ SMF August 2017 Challenge - Rock and Gem Soaps! ~*~
~ Last Look At July Photo Entries~

Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > General Chat > Missing posts?

Old 04-21-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
SaltedFig

Liked 324 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Default Missing posts?

I have a little spare time to login and have a look around the forum, which is always fun.

I went back to read the new posts in George's pricing thread, (it's always interesting to see different ways of dealing with these things), and so I started from my post to keep reading ...

And my post is gone ... as if it never existed. I took a screen shot of the thanks I got for my post, so I know it was visible to others up until quite recently.

Any clues? (And could this have happened to other posts? Can I trust they will stay?).

Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
shunt2011
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 4448 Times on 2974 Posts
Likes Given: 3621

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltedFig View Post
I have a little spare time to login and have a look around the forum, which is always fun.

I went back to read the new posts in George's pricing thread, (it's always interesting to see different ways of dealing with these things), and so I started from my post to keep reading ...

And my post is gone ... as if it never existed. I took a screen shot of the thanks I got for my post, so I know it was visible to others up until quite recently.

Any clues? (And could this have happened to other posts? Can I trust they will stay?).
It looks like your post was deleted as you aren't yet eligible to post in the business forum.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53474

Old 04-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
SaltedFig

Liked 324 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 335

That makes sense!

I didn't even notice it was in that forum when I replied to topic, so it was a complete surprise to have the post vanish without any notice.

Thanks for letting me know what happened.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
toxikon

Liked 938 Times on 410 Posts
Likes Given: 474

I had the same reaction, same thing happened to me. I usually access threads from the "Newest Threads" on the right so I had no idea about the Business subforum's special rules!
tklechak Likes This