I just realized, I've never done this...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJA

Reaction score
I was browsing this forum and I'm learning so much about all of you! :D

So...Me. Hmmm, lets see. I'm 41. I have a son who is turning 20 (Ugh) next month, and a daughter who is turning 17 in a coupla days. I've been married to my high school sweetie for several thousand years, and I have a "JackRat" terrier who is a total slug that never gets off the couch, and defies all that "hyper" stuff you hear about these dogs. He is a chunky butted couch potato and I adore him. I'd rather hang out with him than anyone most days. :D I live in Southeastern, Michigan. Motto: "The Pothole State"

5 fun facts:
1.) I'm a total word nerd. I love words.
2.) I have never broken a bone. (Any takers? Just kiddin'.)
3.) My daughter swallowed a guitar pick and the surgeon who removed it put the pictures on his wall and pointed and laughed at her repeately. No, she wasn't a baby. This was 3 years ago. lol.
4.) I don't "get" Bob Dylan.
5.) I once trapped Steve Perry from the band Journey in a hotel elevator, back in the 80's, and made him uncomfortable with lecherous oogling.

I've been soapin' for a few monthsish. I dunno, maybe 3 or 4? It's like cheap therapy. Thanks for being so nice here. :)

I like the word "superfluous"

I hate the word "vicar"

Great to have you around here! I'm new to soaping too, I discovered it by accident and have been having a lot of fun with it ever since. I love the science and the art of it.

Danielito said:
I like the word "superfluous"

I hate the word "vicar"

Great to have you around here! I'm new to soaping too, I discovered it by accident and have been having a lot of fun with it ever since. I love the science and the art of it.

Thanks, Daniel! :) I'm so WITH you on those two words!! lol!

A guitar pick??? I think I really love the doctor!

I see you are changing your avatar. Each one that you put up of your dog keeps cracking me up!

(I don't GET Dillon, either) :oops:

SimplyE said:
A guitar pick??? I think I really love the doctor!

I'm not even kidding. He thought it was hysterical. Here's the pix he took during the removal...lolol. :lol:

ScannedImage.jpg

What is that a fender pick? lol jk. Hope she recovered quickly. If I ever do that, just tell me to stop soaping... it wouldnt be safe.

Dylan is good. I dont know how you can say you dont understand him. :-/
Forvererr younnnnnng. Well, I guess someday I wont be.

Hi LJA,

Welcome and it is always good to have more soapers from MI around. I do wish my side of the state had all the craft shows your side of the state does. One thing we do share is the potholes. One of the local radio stations has thier thing of playing 20 songs in a row. One time they said "Just like the potholes on the Gerald R. Ford freeway, here is another 20 in a row."

Bruce

Bigmoose said:
Hi LJA,

Welcome and it is always good to have more soapers from MI around. I do wish my side of the state had all the craft shows your side of the state does. One thing we do share is the potholes. One of the local radio stations has thier thing of playing 20 songs in a row. One time they said "Just like the potholes on the Gerald R. Ford freeway, here is another 20 in a row."

Bruce

LOL!!! SO funny Bruce. It's really ridiculous around here anymore. Where on the west side are ya?

jeffp2007 said:
Dylan is good. I dont know how you can say you dont understand him. :-/
Forvererr younnnnnng. Well, I guess someday I wont be.

Just you WAIT, Whippersnapper! :wink: And get off my **** lawn...

:lol: That's pretty funny my friend just swolled half of his plastic fork the other day! We're in Iraq so no surgery they said it should pass lmao He was pretty freaked out but I laughed pretty hard at him and now every time we eat I hand him a spoon hahaha Your dog is so cute to! I have Chiauhaha (spelling) Jack russell mix at home and his name is Chester. He is the most hyper dog in the world and he's going on 6!! He runs through the house as fast as he can for no reason... seriously NO REASON.. then I have a Lab and Collie mix my brother is looking after she's adorable and she's a goof ball I have puppy pictures of her but no recent pictures.. Have a great day! :p

rupertspal42 said:
:lol: That's pretty funny my friend just swolled half of his plastic fork the other day! We're in Iraq so no surgery they said it should pass lmao He was pretty freaked out but I laughed pretty hard at him and now every time we eat I hand him a spoon hahaha Your dog is so cute to! I have Chiauhaha (spelling) Jack russell mix at home and his name is Chester. He is the most hyper dog in the world and he's going on 6!! He runs through the house as fast as he can for no reason... seriously NO REASON.. then I have a Lab and Collie mix my brother is looking after she's adorable and she's a goof ball I have puppy pictures of her but no recent pictures.. Have a great day! :p

LOL!!! Ew. The passing of the fork can't be comfortable. lol.
Chester is an awesome name! Living up to his Jack Russell genes I see. My dog didn't get he memo. He's in a coma most of his life...lol. He won't even bark when we come in at night to a pitch black house. I always yell upstairs like I'm breaking in (because, undoubtedly he up there sleeping in my bed) "Stealing the jewels!"..."murdering the family!" because criminals could have a field day in my house and he'd never crack an eyelid. LOL!

LMAO!!! That's hilarious yes Chester will crawl up under the blankets and put his head on YOUR pillow and sleep.. and then if you yell at him he sulks around like nobody loves him.. he's a very spoiled doggie and he knows it! We used to have a dog named Patches who was so retarded I didn't understand how he survived as long as he did.. he would run into the screen door because he thought it was open.. then when we would get up to open it for him he'd do it again.. he was so retarded lmao he was a cutie pie but god seemed to misplace his brains lmao I have a pet lizard to who's name is Rupert and my dog's name is Layla (the one in the pic) and then I have a cat (pure evil cat) named Jane.. I like creative names but my family thinks i'm just crazy... :wink:

Bigmoose said:
Grand Rapids. And you?

Bruce

Oh, okay! My kid travels all over during marching band season...we're near there a lot. I'm in St. Clair Shores. It's a suburb of Detroit, if you don't know it. I'm a coupla blocks from the shore of lake St. Clair.

Thanks for lovely welcome!
(I wanted to post here before but felt I should introduce myself ...)
Anyway, SO with you on the words - I love Scrabble, and I love word etymology!
A word I like: saponification (LOL).
A word I don't: droop - it just sounds depressing, even before the meaning.

LIJA - Thanks for being so welcoming, I didn't realize you hadn't been here that long...

Our kids and their stuff...My daughter is 23 and a couple years ago while she was living at home she brought home a nightstand in a box and put it together. In the middle of her project she called me up there and showed me that her hand was bleeding and said very calmly, "I think I need to go to the hospital." She had been trying to file down fiber board with my good knife...lol...

So I took her to the hospital and they put a few stiches in her hand and now as she tells the story, she says, "Mom wasn't concerned about me cutting myself, she was more concerned that I was doing it with her good knife."

I now add humor to her story by saying, "Yeah, I knew you were going to live, but hey no one gave you permission to dull out my good knife...: lol...

Oh yes, words. I agree - Saponification rules...
There's not too many words I'm not fond of...Maybe the word fart...lol..or those words that are really too expressive of their actions when it comes to the yucky stuff......

Latest posts

Back