Album of my first few soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very pretty swirls! I like the glow-in-the-dark one, probably the same as Gini' s favorite one.

Really love your Outer space soap!

Thanks so much :D
Our son is into all things science, space, etc. and I wanted to make a soap that he might think was neat. It didn't come out the way I envisioned but I still like it. I have plans to do some ITPS poured into small round molds, to see if I can get something more consistent throughout the loaf -- part of the issue with using soap balls was getting them to stay where they'd be lined up for cuts, and of course they'll disappear as the soap is used whereas a molded circle will stay the same size all the way through the bar.

I'm not a huge fan of 'confetti' soaps, so I've been saving ends and bits and side shavings in a bag and rolling them into more 'planets', to either a) use in individual molds, b) use as top enbeds on a loaf of space soap or c) make into something else entirely later. Shreds make awesome soap balls; they're easy to mash together and the long, thin pieces of different colours roll into balls that just naturally look very planet-like.

I actually tried out a bar of this soap today -- it's only about 5 weeks old, so it's still VERY young, but I wanted to see how it would lather to see if I should make more soap with this recipe again (recipe I made up myself). It lathers up pale grey, but it's lovely and creamy -- I even think it will work to shave (legs) with! It's amazing to use something I made myself, I found myself rinsing off the suds and thinking 'wow... I actually MADE this, and it doesn't suck!'

Soap is so fun, what a great hobby this is.

10 10 10.gif
Amazing! Keep up the good work!

Back