The Scent Works

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kizzy

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows who owned The Scent Works? Has anyone found a dupe for their Frost Apple?
Also, does anyone know if her supplier list is for sale? I would be interested in purchasing her business.

Thank you

The most that I know is that the owner used to be a very active member over at the Dish forum (username name Galatea), but good luck trying to find her. She pretty much dropped out of sight shortly before her company went kaput around 2014/2015, and was never heard from on the Dish again, although you can tell that she, or at least someone using her account, still pops in there to silently lurk from time to time (if you hover over anyone's username over there, it shows the last time they visited, unless they make such info private, which she hasn't yet). Her last visit was Feb. 2017.

Back in 2014/15, many folks at the Dish tried to contact her through PMs and/or through the ScentWorks contact system to see if the company was for sale or if she'd be willing to sell the codes to certain FOs, etc..., but no response was ever returned that I'm aware of.

From what I understand from some of the chatter at the Dish back at the time, she (or at least someone with access to her Facebook account) was still active on her Facebook page, but any inquiries regarding her company went ignored, which left a very bad taste in many people's mouths because so many folks that sold soaps and perfumes, etc... relied upon ScentWorks FOs for a goodly portion of their sales, and they had to scramble to try to find replacements for so many of their best-sellers to keep their clients happy. It was quite the fiasco. To this day, it's a total mystery to me and to many others what could have happened to her (i.e., whether she became injured or sick or incapacitated, etc...), or who owns the codes. :confused:

For what it's worth, there's a very long (ongoing/open) thread over at the Dish in the fragrance section where folks post replacements they've found for certain ScentWorks FOs. You may want to have a look there to see if anyone has found a replacement for Frost Apple.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back