Toil and Trouble

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponomancer

Professional Geek
Reaction score
tumblr_ox02ejfzMC1rcpo9po1_540.jpg

My husband suggested a soap for me to make for halloween, including the scent and the name

And let me tell you when NS listed Cinders as accellerating I did not realize it meant this much. I got the batter all poured into the containers with the colours and it went completely solid

not to be twarted I got in there with my (gloved) hands and broke it up and kneeded the colours in while it heated up (ow) and pressed it into the mold by hand.

I think I actually like the look of the soap, even if it isn't exactly what I'd been aiming for

I was getting ready to inquire on your coloring technique when I saw the picture....nevermind, I like my hands not scalded LOL.

Looks GREAT!

Everytime I look at this picture "Starry Starry Night" pops into my head!!

Shhh....no one but us ever need to know that you did not exactly mean to do that!

Seriously perfect appearance for the name. and I am sure for the scent as well!

But be sure to tell folks it is a limited edition so you don't have to do it again.

Talk about happy accidents! That soap is WOW! Just gorgeous! As others have said, it looks like you meant to do it just that way.

Yeah, definitely looks like you did it on purpose. I know dipping your hand into hot soap wasn't fun, but you may have developed a nice technique here ;)

I do have enough of the fragrance for three more batches, so we'll see if I either refine the technique and make it a real thing, or become smart enough to use hot process instead!

Oh, well done with that even when it was accelerating! That looked like you meant to do it. Like everyone else says, what a happy accident!

I just soaped with Cinders a couple of days ago, and boy howdy did that thing race off. I managed this, and though I was very unhappy when I was molding, I thought the unmold pretty enough that I'm not super ashamed of it. IMG_1506701491.278703.jpg

Not my best work, but it wasn't instantly tossed into the confetti pile either. It didn't hurt that a non-soaping friend who came by exclaimed over it. XD Like in here.

I just soaped with Cinders a couple of days ago, and boy howdy did that thing race off. I managed this, and though I was very unhappy when I was molding, I thought the unmold pretty enough that I'm not super ashamed of it. View attachment 26115

Fire motif! nice!

Yeah like dude, that fragrance is so hard to work with, and I already have a really speedy recipe so it was like pchooo nope you have solid soap now.

Fire motif! nice!

Yeah like dude, that fragrance is so hard to work with, and I already have a really speedy recipe so it was like pchooo nope you have solid soap now.

Thank you! I still haven't thought of a name for it yet. Suggestions welcome!

Oooh! See, I do 100% OO and so I'm not used to working quite that fast. XD That moment of "oh crap it's turning into soap on a stick!" got my heart racing about as fast as the soap batter. XD

Latest posts

Back