First Farmers Market

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdaniels8811

Reaction score
I have been making soap for years but just now ventured into an actual market to sell. We live in a tiny town and the market is only open for 4 hours on Saturday so was not expecting much. There were not a dozen vendors and this was the first market, plus it was 95 degrees!

With that said, we sold almost $250 worth of soap! We sold out of shampoo bars (Thanks, Lindy!) and Grubby Paws, the coffee soap made with spent coffee grounds. My husband says it takes pine sap off his hands. Rose clay complexion bars sold out. OMH is almost gone. Wood soap dishes were popular. Laundry soap is gone. I was up late last night replenishing supplies (making soap), the next market is in a month so I should be ok. I was surprised the citrus scents did not move much. Flower scents were ok.

We definitely sold more product than anyone there. Everyone commented they could smell the soap across the block, I cannot smell it anymore since it is always in our house. We are looking forward to the next one!

That is so nice to hear, next month you will most likely have people come back looking for you. I just sell a little, but I love meeting the people and talking about soap. I have the same issue with not being able to smell the soaps, it seems that people want to smell the soap before anything else.

Glad you had a great experience. I'd really like to setup at our local farmer's market, but I'm doing research on all the background business/legal aspects I need to do before I can make the jump. Seems like it would be fun and interesting!

Latest posts

Back