My favorite bar yet!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

three_little_fishes

Reaction score
My first color other than natural colorants, my first FO, and my first time using mica.

I used fun soap colorant, 24KT mica, and mermaid kisses FO all from NG. And some sugar pearls that I had in the pantry and decided to add as I was going. It was a tiny batch, hence the small bars. But, I figure since it's a salt bar it will last a while. I wasn't really sure about the colorant in CP, but it held it's color well. I did notice acceleration with the FO, but it says so on the site.

Nice! Perfect colours for salt bars too (seaside'ish). Definitely have to get me crinkle cutter.

Thanks everyone! The mica swirl was a little weird because I let it get too thick. Or the salt...something made it weird and not wanting to swirl. I'm still happy with it though. I was going for an ocean-y feel with it. If all cures well I may give some to a sweet friend that runs a the NC chapter of an organization near to my heart called Surfers Healing. They've been a blessing to us and I would love to make her up a little gift basket to say thanks.

Pretty blue! what colorant did you use? Your gift I'm sure will certainly be appreciated by your friend!

I used FUN soap colorant from NG. I couldn't tell whether it held up in CP so I just risked it (another reason this was a 1lb batch). It didn't take much at all to get to where I was. At first I wanted to go with a darker teal, but after I reached this color I decided to stop because I liked it and because it was getting thick on me. Next time I think I'll do color before fragrance.

Now I want to make a regular soap so I can practice some peaks with the mica swirl!

Back