Tooth Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat_pro

Reaction score
Ok I'm sorry but I just had to share this :lol: .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJljKaw0rM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJljKaw0rM[/ame]

website here: http://www.toothsoap.com/

Ingredients: Specially formulated soap made from saponified organic extra virgin olive oil, coconut and palm oil, distilled water and pure essential oil. NO added glycerin, sweeteners, silicates (sand), fluoride, dyes, stabilizers or other materials that can damage teeth.

WTH? Does that mean the soap in my back room are tooth soap too :roll:

Apparently so , I have a bunch of it too. I have seen grated soap sold as tooth soap too .. Are you going to try it , I might :wink:

Kitn

I tried it with tea tree soap, my lips swelled up like Angelina Jolie, it was hilarious. I must be allergic to the tea tree or something. If I was going to make a soap specifically for tooth soap I think I would make it with just olive so it's low bubbling, bubbles in the mouth is not a good thing.
There was a discussion on here about this a few months ago, if you do a search you should find it. Some swear by it.

I did alot of reading on this some time ago. The one thing I remember is do not use coconut oil, it is what gives soap it's soap like flavor.

Bruce

kitkat_pro said:
Ok I'm sorry but I just had to share this :lol: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJljKaw0rM

website here: http://www.toothsoap.com/

Ingredients: Specially formulated soap made from saponified organic extra virgin olive oil, coconut and palm oil, distilled water and pure essential oil. NO added glycerin, sweeteners, silicates (sand), fluoride, dyes, stabilizers or other materials that can damage teeth.

WTH? Does that mean the soap in my back room are tooth soap too :roll:

Ewwwwww!!

I made tooth soap based on a recipe from the internet. It works pretty good. The taste isn't bad but it isn't minty fresh either. I got another recipe for tooth powder that is really good. The idea is that the soap alkalizes the mouth. The tooth powder does the same thing. Both remove tartar in a short time.

artisan soaps said:
Eww, it's bad enough just doing a tongue test?!

If you want natural tooth cleaners use plain salt, or bicarb, or even a strawberry!

Also, is it just me or does the woman appear to be reading the whole script instead of looking at the camera?

she looks like she has a wig on...like concealing her identity....

I'm currently using soap for my teeth (that *I* made) and I'm really liking it.

And somehow, the voice/wig made me feel a little dirty about tooth soap. :oops:

.She does have the appearance of being shady, and her claims are outlandish. My MIL is a dental assistant and she just rolls her eyes at this lady.

I don't have a problem with people using alternative methods of cleaning thier teeth. When I was little I hated the taste of toothpaste so I brushed my teeth with salt water. And I know my great grandmother used soot to clean her teath.

It's the soap that gets me, perhaps that is because I had my mouth washed out one too many times growing up, :lol:.

I use tooth soap a lot. So does my Mom, to brush her dentures and gums. It gets rid of thrush and mouth canker sores better than anything I know of.

Do NOT use castile though. It has an awful bitter taste that you can't hardly get rid of. Just plain old coconut/palm or pko/lard, or something like that is fine. Inexpensive oils are the best for tooth soap. At least 20% lathering oil, about 3 to 5% superfat. Unscented. You don't need any EOs in it unless you just want to have some peppermint in it to add some zing. Obviously don't add any clays, colors or silk... clays can sometimes have traces of heavy metals in them. But don't use olive. I love olive oil soap, but not for tooth soap, it tastes so bad!.

Hope this helps!

I've been using my handmade tooth soap for quite a while now. It leaves my teeth clean, even by the next morning. I also get great dental check ups.

In my tooth soap, I used more coconut than in my regular soaps. I did add olive oil as I used a recipe I found online. It didn't taste too bad but you wouldn't describe it as minty fresh even with quite a bit of peppermint added. The best part of using it was that it got rid of the tartar within 2 weeks. I should try a formula without olive oil next.

I've been using homemade tooth soap (OO, Palm, CO) for several months now. I like it and the taste isn't too bad once you get used to it. But I realized that it wasn't getting tea/coffee stains off my teeth, (yellow teeth - ewww!), so I now add a lttle baking soda when I brush. That took care of the stains.

I used the same ingredients in the original Tooth Soap, coconut, palm and olive oil with oil of peppermint to flavor. The oils I used were organic rather than the kind I make regular soap with.

Latest posts

Back