What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first pencil line! I'm so happy! It's scented with blackberry orange fo IMG_20171016_174912.jpgIMG_20171016_174827.jpg

Made my first body scrub! Lemon Salt Scrub.
If you've never tried a salt scrub before, you're in for a treat! I was always afraid to try one because I thought it would dry out my already parched skin. I took it into the shower with me. Got wet. Turned the water off. Scrubbed gently all over with special attention to elbows and feet. Rinsed. Toweled off. My skin felt totally renewed! Not parched at all. S'wonderful stuff!

If you've never tried a salt scrub before, you're in for a treat! I was always afraid to try one because I thought it would dry out my already parched skin. I took it into the shower with me. Got wet. Turned the water off. Scrubbed gently all over with special attention to elbows and feet. Rinsed. Toweled off. My skin felt totally renewed! Not parched at all. S'wonderful stuff!

That’s fantastic news!
I did try a bit on my hands after I made it. Only thing I didn’t like was that my hands were coated in the coconut oil that I used in the salt scrub. So I had to wash them off with a bit of soap. Which I felt like defeated the purpose of the scrub? I don’t know. Maybe I’m being picky. The thought of covering my body in oil made me cringe a bit though.
... Maybe I need to add more salt to it?

Finished up the creamy liquid soap (added superfat and FO) and put it to bed to see what happens....tossed the dishes in the sink to soak....and am drooling over project ideas LOL

I made soap using fresh pumpkin puree for part of my liquid. The FO (cinders/embers from Nurture) said "moderate discoloration," so I bumped up the orange color with red palm instead of white, and added Orange Vibrance mica (also nurture). It looks just like the fresh puree right now. We'll see what happens over the course of a couple of days. I've had a "moderate discoloration" from them before go very dark on me.

This weekend I researched making a shave soap. I'm starting from scratch because I can't find the recipe I spent months creating when I made my 1 and only batch a few years ago. DH liked it so I honestly don't know why I never made it again. Now I want to kick myself for not keeping better track of my recipes .

Back