Wet Soap Wednesday

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been craving a simple soap. This is orange and eucalyptus. Let's see yours!

IMG_20170923_130139.jpg

Yours is so pretty. I love plain 1 color soaps, as much as I do colorful swirled bars. There is just something so elegant about a 1 light-colored soap.

I can never participate in WSW - as I work outside the home.
However, I can share a TBT-WSW. LOL

This one was made a couple years ago, with a Black Amethyst dupe FO. (when cut, you could actually see a dragon in the bar due to the swirls, so I actually called this soap Malificent)

facebook_1506526118118.jpg

I made this one a couple months ago, so it can be for WSW or TBT. :)
It's very fruity but I don't have a name for it yet. Tried to do the "Clyde Slide" but it got too thick, but that didn't stop me.

FB_IMG_1507667437970.jpg

Presenting "The Kitchen Sink"....I just don't know what got into me today! I really like simple, but I just got out of control! Maybe this is minimalism backlash! This soap contains lard, OOP, CO, cocoa butter, castor oil, buttermilk, colloidal oatmeal, cocoa powder, and coffee grounds. Scented with Pink Sugar, it looks and smells like a caramel latte. So not my norm.....I'm not a big fan of sweetness or food in my soap! Or things on top of soap! Happy Wet Soap Wednesday, everyone!

Yj08dHd.jpg

Today I made dual lye shaving soap. I used a little bit of natural Aloe from my plant in the water. This batch also has Bentonite clay, Vit. E, Jojoba, and a little Peppermint EO and Eucalyptus EO. It’s not pretty to look at but makes some great lather. I used it to shave my arm as an experiment. Great slip an my skin is soft and smooth. I’m calling this a success! It was my first time using both NaOH and KOH.
I forgot to add that I also added a small amount of glycerin after the cook.

3345AA84-2004-42F5-B15A-00E60AFFACFD.jpg

Back