Brambleberry FO Reviews- Initial Thoughts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
I made a batch of test bars on Sunday night. I just wanted to post my initial reactions to the unmolded soap. I'll post full reviews to the FO spreadsheet once they've cured, and I have a better idea of sticking power & true discoloration.

Most of these I received as samples, so I'm trying to keep an open mind about them. Most of them wouldn't be something I'd typically choose for myself.

- Fruity Fusion: Out of the bottle, I did not like this scent. It had a fruity scent, but the lingering base notes were medicinal, i.e. the liquid pink penicillin you may have had to take as a kid. In soap, the medicinal scent has disappeared. It's actually very nice but more of a berry scent than a fruit scent. No acceleration or discoloration. Strong scent.

-Turquoise: Everyone who's sniffed this says it smells like "grandma perfume." It's a very powdery floral scent. In soap, it did lose a bit of powdery scent and did gain a bit of warmth/depth to it. Not my style, but not as bad as the bottled scent. No trouble soaping, but it did discolor to a medium tan. (A tan turquoise soap??)

-Spiced Red Tea: In the bottle, very spicy but nice. In soap, it smells just like spicy red tea! It soaped well, maybe accelerated a just a bit, and did not discolor. If you like tea and/or chai scents, this may be for you. We'll see how it sticks. Strong scent.

-Sultry Black Jasmine: A nice jasmine scent that's not too overpowering or sweet. I was hoping for something a bit warmer and complex- I didn't find anything "sultry" in it. It soaped well, maybe accelerated just a tad, but no issues. Discolors to a light tan. Light scent.

-Turquoise: Everyone who's sniffed this says it smells like "grandma perfume." It's a very powdery floral scent. In soap, it did lose a bit of powdery scent and did gain a bit of warmth/depth to it. Not my style, but not as bad as the bottled scent. No trouble soaping, but it did discolor to a medium tan. (A tan turquoise soap??)
I got a sample of this too. I'm testing it on a cutip. It has an appealing waft. OOB, I thought "unisex" -- then, it's rather "hunky sexy" to me... but then, I AM a grandma! LOL I waved the cutip under DH's nose and asked if he liked it as an aftershave and got a definite yes. Which is SO unusual from my strong, silent type guy. Hard to describe. Quite nice, tho.

ETA: Here's BB's description: "A sophisticated, unisex fragrance that combines a deep, masculine base with softer feminine florals." Notes: bergamot, lemon, jasmine, geranium and rose heart; patchouli, amber and vanilla base.
Accelerates in cold process soap, and discolors brown.
Vanilla Content:1%

Back