Grr.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie
Reaction score
Found an outfit called Nemat International/Best Bottles that provides perfumery supplies. I've gotten a couple of orders of bottles from them. Reasonable prices, quick shipping and no discrepancies. I'll buy bottles from them again.

They also have essential oils and absolutes, at prices that are just short of suspiciously competitive, so I placed an order. A week goes by, and I haven't heard anything from them regarding that order. I called them, and found out that two of the items I ordered were out of stock with no ETA on restocking, and that my order hadn't shipped and they weren't really sure just when it would. When was anyone planning on letting me know?

Fine, requested an updated invoice reflecting the adjusted total and tracking information once the order does ship. The invoice they sent me has higher prices on it for items I ordered than my order confirmation shows. So not kosher. So I wound up having to call them THREE more times to get that resolved, and the person I talked to couldn't seem to understand that it was not legal to take orders for an item at one price and actually charge a higher price when the item shipped. He kept trying to say "the invoice reflects the price on our web site." I don't care what the price is on your web site today. The price on my order confirmation is the one you're going to charge me.

All in all, unless their quality is just absolutely out of this world, I won't be ordering fragrances from them again. Too much runaround.

I would have just cancelled the entire order. That's really unacceptable.

I thought about it. The only reason I hesitated is that I was given assurance that the order would ship today (and if I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation by this evening, I may still do so). I'm still toying with the notion of filing a complaint with the BBB about their attempt to jack the prices. They've managed to rather thoroughly annoy me.

Grrr indeed! I hope you/they get it straightened out without more aggravation. Shame on them! :thumbdown:

In early 2016 I had a question about one of their items, and called them. I was told to email the sales department and they would get back to me. Here it is, 19 months later and nary a peep outta them. I'm beginning to think they might not respond. lol

My takeaway was that it's not a company I'll be doing business with.

Well, this morning I have an email from them... several other of the items that I'd ordered, that I had been assured just yesterday that they did in fact have in stock are...out of stock. Including one of the two primary items that I was wanting to order (the other one was one of the first out of stock items). Oh, and one of the items that was previously out of stock with no ETA? Yea, we've actually got that, so sorry. So. No. Cancel.

I just can't imagine how two sections of the same company could be so different. The bottle supply is great, nice selection of perfume bottles and decent prices and I've not had any problems with any of the orders I've gotten from them.

But this... sheesh, if their inventory control is so poorly run that they don't even know what they've got in stock and what they don't? Who knows how long any of those oils have been sitting around and under what conditions? Kind of getting the feeling that I've dodged a bullet here. And I will not order fragrance materials from these people again.

Eden is expensive for some of the specialty fragrances, but they've also proved to be quite dependable so, yea, worth the extra expense. And I love their sample policy.

Last edited:
Back