How low can you go?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...doesn't saponify..."

It may not saponify in the sense of making soap, but it does consume some lye. The NaOH sap value for beeswax is 0.068, and it should be included with the rest of your fats when calculating a soap recipe.

Thank you! Is the beeswax the same candle makers use? I am afraid to sound silly, but I'd rather ask .....

Sure is.

I buy my beeswax from my local apiarist and purify it myself. I use it for all sorts of things, including candles and soapmaking. The only thing, if you are buying it commercially, is to be sure that it's pure beeswax, or designated at least cosmetic grade (there are different grades of waxes and some are not for skin contact, although this tends to apply more to blended waxes).

Sure is.

I buy my beeswax from my local apiarist and purify it myself. I use it for all sorts of things, including candles and soapmaking. The only thing, if you are buying it commercially, is to be sure that it's pure beeswax, or designated at least cosmetic grade (there are different grades of waxes and some are not for skin contact, although this tends to apply more to blended waxes).

Thank you, I am too new to add too much stuff, I think, but when I get more comfortable, beeswax is something I want to try.!!

Back