FOs in diffusers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct section but it doesn't seem appropriate for the aromatherapy forum.

Does anyone use FOs in diffusers? We now have a diffuser at work that was purchased by a client's relative, this one. It has a water reservoir with a few drops of EO and works as a bit of a humidifier.

I'm not a fan of the scents we have at work but I have a lot of scents that would be nice to bring in. My question is: are standard soaping FOs ok in this sort of diffuser? I saw a thread from several years ago mentioning putting water in a candle warmer then a few drops of EO. Could I count this as the same theory without getting anyone sick?

I have even tried put perfume in my diffuser. But my diffuser is the basic kind in aromatherapy store which is without a water tank.

I think you'll be fine. As long as you don't put highly concentrated FO in a candle warmer and without paying attention to it.
Just remember less is more. FO is very concentrated. A drop at a time. There are people allergic to heavy / heady perfume.

Last edited:
I bought a diffuser at Christmas and I'm using my FO's in it, just don't sit too close to it when it's on, as it can be a bit strong. I've only used about 6 drops in it.

Back