Lotion Candles?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am not a wax/candle expert by any means. But, yesterday I was at the Renaissance Festival and came across a booth that was selling TONS of Lotion Candles.

I have never heard of lotion candles, so you can imagine my double-take.

The candles are made of shea butter and soy wax. You light it, let the wax melt and then dip your finger into the candle and message the wax into your skin.

(sort of made me think only people who are into that -kinky- kind of stuff would buy them, but they were selling out of every scent!)

The candles didn't seem to have a very strong hot or cold throw, but same wax as a lotion was amazing!
Felt great, amazing scent retention. My hands smelled great hours later.

I found recipes online, but just wanted to know if anyone made them and if there are any tips/tricks? Not sure if they fit in my product line (they seem like they would be difficult to sell online without trying them in person). But I'm curious to know how it works & if they sell well with your customers?

Last edited:
I believe a lotion bar can be used as a wickless lotion candle.. Some lotion candles use soy wax I have melted my lotion bars on a warmer. and works just the same. Not an expert on candles.. But like the wickless ones due to fire hazards.. and liabilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back