Dixiedragon - soap box w/plexi and pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
Hi dixiedragon!
I was not able to send you a picture in a PM, so I will post it here. We had talked about a box with a Plexiglas top so we could peek at our soap. I'm a peeker, I can't help myself. DH made me this box and a removable Plexi top. I forgot you mentioned lining it with foil to reflect heat so maybe I'll look for one of those foil emergency blankets to line the inside of the wood with. For now I've stuffed it with a towel and a blanket and covered it with the Plexi and more blankets. Thank you for the idea!

IMG_20170321_144415948.jpg

I just put it in there. I'm hoping it works well! I always envy people who just wrap their soap up in a towel and it magically gels. I have to coax mine and even then I'm not entirely sure they ever do gel. Some you can really tell, but most of them I just am not sure!

Good idea! What do you think the temperature in there is?

Just shot it with my digi thermometer. It's only 81.2 in there. I don't think that's hot enough to gel. Sigh.....I've got it covered in about 6 blankets too! LOL. I do notice that my soaps will heat up on their own after a couple hours in the mold, so I have that to look forward to :)

My soaps tend to get to partial gel at about 3.5 hours after pouring, unless I have an ingredient known to heat (honey, I am looking at you!). I watch carefully at about 4 hours, because if it is going to volcano without a known heater, this is when it starts getting that sandy look to the top. I am a peeker, also.

My soaps tend to get to partial gel at about 3.5 hours after pouring, unless I have an ingredient known to heat (honey, I am looking at you!). I watch carefully at about 4 hours, because if it is going to volcano without a known heater, this is when it starts getting that sandy look to the top. I am a peeker, also.

I think mine tend to heat up at about 2 plus hours. Like I said, I'm not sure if they gel, but I have not had a partial gel since I started the heating pad method, so maybe they do?

Latest posts

Back