Mad Oils Stopping Selling Small Sizes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently it is my posts that were deleted from this thread. I was approached by admin to become a sponsor for the forum as I was acting as a sponsor would. I asked to be directed to the rules of the forum regarding this, and never was. I was then told "I know you have employees so you can handle the small cost of helping to keep SMF going via being a Sponsor." That's not the point. I really like to be able to read the rules so they are not vague to me and I may follow them.

I then paid the cost of being a sponsor, and all my posts were STILL deleted. I'm sure this one will be as well. I apologize folks. My goal was not to solicit business, but really to help. I thought the information in thread was very valuable, and it's a shame it's gone.

The posts were soft deleted this morning before you were a vendor, they have been reinstated now that you are a vendor, this was in the pm that was sent to you via Angie.

Yes, thank you for reinstating the posts! To be fair, the posts were deleted several hours after I became a sponsor and that's what shocked me. However, I'm very glad that thread is back as I feel it does help many people and has a lot of great information.

Can we go back to talking about the FOs we want duped please? Dibbles kindly sent me a lovely Elderflower soap. I put it in the same category as Linden. It is a clean, fresh scent with a hint of green. It is definitely uncommon in the world of floral FOs. It is the nicest floral I tried and I have over a 100. I hope it is one of the FOs that Nurture decides to dupe. I'll be the first one buying.

I hope the negative turn this thread took for a brief moment doesn't discourage suppliers from volunteering to help us. This past year we lost Tennessee, Soapalooza, Mad Oils and probably more. I suspect more suppliers will stop selling FOs since it is a very competitive market. It would be nice if we have an easy way to reproduce the FOs we like.

Cosmo, thank you for considering our requests. Duping FOs is risky and expensive. I hope we helped you narrow down the list.

Once I get the dupes back from the lab I will post on the sponsor's forum and let everyone know. It should be any time now!

I tested all the new dupes yesterday. I will make a post on the sponsor's forum later today with notes on discoloration, acceleration, etc. :)

*the results are now posted in the sponsor's forum*

Back