Coffee candles?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthie

Reaction score
I have not made candles in years. But I do make soap including some for the local coffee shop. I also get all their grounds, most of which go on my garden. I just saw this, and am considering suggesting something like this to the owner, but I thought it might be wise to run it by the expert candle makers here first. Is it a feasible idea?

http://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/Upcycled-Paper-Coffee-Cup-Candle-31102984
I would use new wax, not melted candles.

Hi Ruthie, I am too fascinated by aromatic candles for their rustic charm and heavenly fragrance:). A few days back, one of my friends had gifted me a bag full of Irish coffee beans since I just love coffee (in fact addicted) and stored them in the kitchen. And yesterday when I was having a brewing cup of coffee, I thought why not blend my love for scented candles with the big brown coffee beans:think:. I got few coffee candle-making ideas from here and tried some of them out with my Irish beans. I loved the way it came out and few of them have already been lit. It smells coffee everywhere now and I absolutely love it. I suggest buying soy wax or beeswax if you do not want to extract the wax from the good old candles. Hope it comes out well and fingers crossed. :)

Last edited:
A couple of things to think about: The grounds CAN catch on fire... so can the beans. The oil from the beans can make them "pop" too. Anything added to candles can interfere with the ability of the wick to - well - wick. Some of the candles might be fine - and others may be unsuccessful. There would not be a sure way to know beforehand.
All of these possibilities assume you are adding coffee beans or powder to the actual wax, verses surrounding a clean candle with beans or powder.
I love coffee too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is your favorite fragrance oil to use? I like candlescience's hazelnut coffee.

Back