Hanger Swirl / Gear tie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

athenabeana

Reaction score
Hi there!

This is my very first post on SMF! Yay! Thanks to all the posters in this community. You've been soooo helpful!

so, I am starting to experiment with design and don't want to buy any more tools, But I have a huge crush on the hanger swirl and hidden feather. Is there a go to that anyone uses to DIY a tool for this purpose? Can I just literally use a wire hanger?

Thanks everyone!
Athena

Howdy and welcome!

I watched a You Tube video recently from a lady that made the prettiest wispy swirls using a regular wire hanger. The link was posted in one of the recent threads about swirls but I don't remember which one. :(

You can use a wire hanger. That will give you a bit less movement than something thicker. If you want something thicker, you can cut a straw to the length of the mold you will be using and thread that onto the hanger and bend the hander into a square shape to suit. Doesn't require anything expensive. Have fun!

I tried & tried to do hanger swirls and always hated the results until I bought gear ties. It changed my whole attitude! Now, whenever I am planning a new soap, the hanger swirl is what I think of first.

Back