Love making soaps but hate cleaning up

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapandco

Reaction score
I love making soaps but hate cleaning up, it's always a chore to wash the equipments, am I the only one? Is there any easy way out?

I feel your pain. I usually just wipe everything with paper towels first then dump them in the sink, throw in some detergent and warm water. I usually go for the spoons, thermometer, whisk etc. i leave the containers for the last

I feel your pain. I usually just wipe everything with paper towels first then dump them in the sink, throw in some detergent and warm water. I usually go for the spoons, thermometer, whisk etc. i leave the containers for the last
That's what I do as well, I leave the water in the container for a day before washing

I put all mine in the dw except for my bucket. It's too big :-D I do it by hand...
So far, no one has been sick from my bad practice...I guess I'll keep doing it too.

i put all my tools and small containers in warm water as a pre-soak , then clean them up with soap and a cloth . my mixing bowl for the batch i leave behind for a day or two , that way i get to see the type lather the soap has . i use just a little bit of warm water and a cloth , that way i do nt have to get the jones waiting for a bar to use :).

I have been putting some times my stuff straight in the dishwasher but it has been foaming like crazy. It is not suppose to foam in the dishwasher because then it will not splash the water properly around.

I wipe it all out with paper towels then wash in hot soapy water. I don't use the dishwasher as I've had the residual FO/EO coat my other plastics and could smell and almost taste them the one time I did that years ago. I don't find it takes all that long to wash up even after 4-5 or 6 batches.

I don't put mine in the dishwasher. It leaves a weird film on stuff, especially tupperware. If you can wait a day, it really is a lot easier b/c it behaves more like soap and less like grease. I wipe everything down with paper towels, then wash in hot water. I usually have to wash a second time. Then I'll put the utensils in the dishwasher just to get them really clean and get the FO smells out.

I put a kitty litter pan filled with warm water near my work area. As I'm done with something it gets put in there. When I'm done I empty the water (I flush it) then wipe down each item, bowl, spatula etc with a clean rag cloth. The rag gets put aside and the items then go into the dishwasher. (The rag becomes my cleaning rag for the next day)

It works for me and I hate cleaning - even have to stop myself from soaping to clean at times.

I wipe all with paper towels then wash in soapy water in a dish pan. Water goes over the bank. We are in a drought and I do not want it all going down my sink due to bad plumbing. Guess I should not say bad plumbing just uphill plumbing :p I even wash between my batches since I cannot stand dirty dishes, utensils, etc

I used to just wipe everything down with paper towels and then wash it with soap and warm water, but I recently tried letting everything sit and then washing it and I like that a lot better. It's nice to be able to get a "sneak peek" of the lather, too.

I put my dishes in a bucket and wait a day or two. When I wash them they are soap makes it very easy. I too used to hate washing soap dishes.

I used to put everything in a big rubbermaid bucket and wait a day or two to wash out but lately, I can't wait that long between batches and have to wash regulary. Clean up and packaging... UGH. Wish I could hire someone to do those two things for me! I feel like I need to buy stock in Kimberly Clarke and Dawn. Couldn't do it without paper towels and Dawn dishwashing liquid. hmmm... might have to try making a clone of Dawn. :problem:

I let most of my tools sit overnight so they are pretty much just soap the next day, as oppose to a caustic batter.

Then i just fill my sink with screaming hot water, let them soak until it cools down and then i basically just have to rinse them off

Back