Lotion bar questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, sorry kmarvel! I know, anything is easy when you can do it, that doesn't mean it's easy for anyone else. I really do think that a lot of people are just phobic when it comes to math and sort of freeze up.

I mix Lavender with distilled water to use as a spray. It does not come in contact with other water.

Do I need to use a preservative in this?

IMO, yes.

I use liquid germall plus, but some are not comfortable using that in anything that is sprayed (I feel it only applies to anything aerosol-ized), but any water soluble preservative will be fine.

Thank you new12soap :p

"liquid germall plus, but some are not comfortable using that in anything that is sprayed"

why are some people uncomfortable using this?

If I'm using FO Modifier do I still have to use a preservative?

Here you go, this explains it pretty well, and gives alternatives. http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/search?q=liquid+germall+plus

Yes, an FO modifier is a solubilizer, you would still need a preservative IMO.

My general rule is anything that contains water or will come in contact with water needs a preservative, period. Always better safe than sorry, or as my grandmother would have said, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

Ahhh, sorry kmarvel! I know, anything is easy when you can do it, that doesn't mean it's easy for anyone else. I really do think that a lot of people are just phobic when it comes to math and sort of freeze up.

IMO, yes.

I use liquid germall plus, but some are not comfortable using that in anything that is sprayed (I feel it only applies to anything aerosol-ized), but any water soluble preservative will be fine.

I appreciate all the help and explaining tho. :) It does help. :p

Back