Soapmaking supplies from eBay satisfactory?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you were lucky. I bought some recently from eBay, molds that look like Crafter's Choice loaf molds (I have a thread discussing this), and one is sturdy and the other 2 are very flimsy. They are not liners....they are supposed to be stand-alone, but I will have to build a box to support it, as it bows quite badly.

Did you consider contacting the vendor and asking for a refund? Personally, I'm not crazy about the one stand alone silicone mold that I have. It's the one from WSP. The silicone is not the same as the others I have that require boxes. I know others here have the same one and love it, but I always have problems getting the soap out, because the silicone is stiffer and doesn't "give." Maybe I'm just used to the other type, which I love, and have never had a single problem with. So for me anyway, if I see a good price for a mold, I'll gladly go through the trouble of making a box for it. The boxes I make aren't pretty, but then again, they don't have to be, as long as they support the mold, that's good enough for me. I'd love to find a stand alone mold made out of the kind of silicone that I like, that really didn't bow, but I think the walls would have to be so thick that the price would be through the roof. I wish you luck!

Unlike some others here I really like Green Health EOs from WF-med. Haven't tried any of the mints, but have been very happy with everything I've ordered from them. Maybe I've just been lucky with my choices...

Did you consider contacting the vendor and asking for a refund? Personally, I'm not crazy about the one stand alone silicone mold that I have. It's the one from WSP. The silicone is not the same as the others I have that require boxes. I know others here have the same one and love it, but I always have problems getting the soap out, because the silicone is stiffer and doesn't "give." Maybe I'm just used to the other type, which I love, and have never had a single problem with. So for me anyway, if I see a good price for a mold, I'll gladly go through the trouble of making a box for it. The boxes I make aren't pretty, but then again, they don't have to be, as long as they support the mold, that's good enough for me. I'd love to find a stand alone mold made out of the kind of silicone that I like, that really didn't bow, but I think the walls would have to be so thick that the price would be through the roof. I wish you luck!

Yes, I did contact the seller, but have not heard from them, so I have 2 choices: to try to use the eBay to intercede or just make wood supports. Not decided yet. I will give the seller another day to see what she will do. I was asking for an exchange...not a refund.

"Yes, I did contact the seller, but have not heard from them, so I have 2 choices: to try to use the eBay to intercede or just make wood supports. Not decided yet. I will give the seller another day to see what she will do. I was asking for an exchange...not a refund."

It'll be faster to put together some supports for the molds. I think I know the ones you are talking about - I have three. Advertised as stand alone but there's no way in hades that they would do that on a real good day.

"Unlike some others here I really like Green Health EOs from WF-med. Haven't tried any of the mints, but have been very happy with everything I've ordered from them. Maybe I've just been lucky with my choices..."

I have had mostly good luck with WF. The tea tree oil that I have from them is a bit off though. Seems they may not be too careful when they clean out a barrel. IMHO they are not the best but so far their "EO's" will work to impart the correct fragrance to soap. Because of this experience I am exploring FO's more though.

"Yes, I did contact the seller, but have not heard from them, so I have 2 choices: to try to use the eBay to intercede or just make wood supports. Not decided yet. I will give the seller another day to see what she will do. I was asking for an exchange...not a refund."

It'll be faster to put together some supports for the molds. I think I know the ones you are talking about - I have three. Advertised as stand alone but there's no way in hades that they would do that on a real good day.

"Unlike some others here I really like Green Health EOs from WF-med. Haven't tried any of the mints, but have been very happy with everything I've ordered from them. Maybe I've just been lucky with my choices..."

I have had mostly good luck with WF. The tea tree oil that I have from them is a bit off though. Seems they may not be too careful when they clean out a barrel. IMHO they are not the best but so far their "EO's" will work to impart the correct fragrance to soap. Because of this experience I am exploring FO's more though.

Yeah...that's what I'll most likely be doing. What does WF stand for? Is that the name of the company? "WF?"

From what the other forum members have told me...and my shopping around a bit, Camden Grey does have the best prices on EOs that I have seen so far. I will be ordering from them when I buy more, since they seem to be a trusted source.

I asked eBay to step in and they sent me a label to return my molds for a full refund. Ebay does stand behind the consumers. So, if you are ever unhappy with your purchase on eBay and the seller will not respond, ask eBay to step in and they will take care of you!!

My first experience with this sort of thing, and I was impressed with how quickly eBay handled it!

Just to throw in there, i use 100% olive oil, extra light tasting. The one time i bought regular ole olive oil it discolored the base batter too much. Extra light that states 100%, for me, leaves a nice light creamy base color, and i just input in soapcalc olive like the regular. Works great without the greenish yellowish tint for me.

That's the same mold and liner I have, It's really not bad. I just need a cutter and a mitre for that mold.

The same seller sells combo kits. The first mold I purchased came with those. I can't cut a straight bar with them to save my life. But this is probably user error. :)

Just to throw in there, i use 100% olive oil, extra light tasting. The one time i bought regular ole olive oil it discolored the base batter too much. Extra light that states 100%, for me, leaves a nice light creamy base color, and i just input in soapcalc olive like the regular. Works great without the greenish yellowish tint for me.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Back