WSP FO sale and new policies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You enablers... I spent almost 3 times my budget!!!! Y'all and your dang recommendations...lol

I got 40 bucks worth. Nag Champa (to compare vs BB), coconut lime verbena (love this one and i am almost out), and trying bamboo lotus, 50 Shades, Cool Water and Oakmoss Sandalwood.

The only one that I feel I'm risking is the oakmoss, but i needed some thing to put me over 40. Lol

The $5 handling fee - is that ON TOP of the shipping?

Since I have a lot of FO'S already, I kept my order at the forty dollar range as well, and part of that was for another $9.95, 1lb silicone mold. I want to try master batching 3 batches for 3 different new FO's at a time.

I got 40 bucks worth. Nag Champa (to compare vs BB), coconut lime verbena (love this one and i am almost out), and trying bamboo lotus, 50 Shades, Cool Water and Oakmoss Sandalwood.

The only one that I feel I'm risking is the oakmoss, but i needed some thing to put me over 40. Lol

Forgot to mention, that after reading up on some of the oils, as well as the reviews, I got Love Spell, Pure Seduction, Twilight Woods, Black Tie, Bamboo Lotus, and Bergamot & White tea. I figure it was a good mix of guy and gal fragrances and a couple of neutrals.

They have free shipping but the $5 handling fee is new and on top of your order.

I'm sorry I didn't answer about the oakmoss sandalwood, Kchaystack, but it had been so long since i soaped it I couldn't remember how it soaped. It does smell good, to me, a deeper earthy scent and I soaped with it late late last night. I had AC in that part of the batter and that part did trace faster but wasn't out of hand. Can't tell if it was AC or the FO though. Very manageable and it didn't go to heavy trace, just thickened. It does DC a bit.

I think you will be happy you got it.

It's odd they started early, since I was sitting at my computer and was refreshing but it didn't show the sale prices for me until midnight. It was a sign from the FO gods to remind me I didn't need this order. I totally missed the message and ordered anyhow.

Thanks, shunt, for the fifty shades mention. I never would have looked at it and boy, talk about rave reviews. Some of the most enthusiastic reviews, one after the other, I've seen on there. I got a pound of it based on that. Hope my nose works like all theirs.

Tried sun and sand because of you, IL. Generally not my kind of scent by description but I would bet the people I give to will like it.

Last edited:
I also stuck to the $40 since I didn't need that many more FOs. I got Pink Musk (really lovely and soaps nicely!), violet bouquet, nag Champa, pink grapefruit (based on reviews), ocean waters (to augment the 2 oz I already have), and amber romance (also based on reviews.

They have free shipping but the $5 handling fee is new and on top of your order.

I'm sorry I didn't answer about the oakmoss sandalwood, Kchaystack, but it had been so long since i soaped it I couldn't remember how it soaped. It does smell good, to me, a deeper earthy scent and I soaped with it late late last night. I had AC in that part of the batter and that part did trace faster but wasn't out of hand. Can't tell if it was AC or the FO though. Very manageable and it didn't go to heavy trace, just thickened. It does DC a bit.

I think you will be happy you got it.

It's odd they started early, since I was sitting at my computer and was refreshing but it didn't show the sale prices for me until midnight. It was a sign from the FO gods to remind me I didn't need this order. I totally missed the message and ordered anyhow.

Thanks, shunt, for the fifty shades mention. I never would have looked at it and boy, talk about rave reviews. Some of the most enthusiastic reviews, one after the other, I've seen on there. I got a pound of it based on that. Hope my nose works like all theirs.

Tried sun and sand because of you, IL. Generally not my kind of scent by description but I would bet the people I give to will like it.

Fifty Shades is a manly citrus blend. Guys and gals love it. My husband likes it too. Hope you like it. I think it's sexy. I purchased another pound though I found one while organizing my fragrances. Making another batch today.

Manly citrus. Hmmm, my mind cannot conceive what this might smell like so now I have to wait for 2 weeks to find out. I'm excited to find out. The Perfect Man is very grapefruit-y and guys love it so I know that manly citrus exists.

I missed out on the South Pacific FO because I am slow about decisions, but I got enough to get me up to $40. Hopefully I can find a couple favorites out of the batch that I bought.

Yay!- I was able to order my Sun & Sand, but I just couldn't stop at just one FO, wouldn't you know it (I was only kidding myself). I ended up getting Pink Grapefruit, Sandalwood Vanilla, Yuzu, and some more of Happy.

I also wanted to order Oakmoss Sandalwood as well as their regular Sandalwood, and also Amazing Style (aka Amazing Grace), but they were all out.

IrishLass :)

I went above and beyond my expectations (I blame the bf - he's such an enabler)...
True Lilac
Green Tea and Cucumber
Tobacco Caramel
Grape Soda
Barber Shoppe
Shea and Coconut
My Main Squeeze
Coffee Bar
Black Pepper
Rose Cognac Sugar

Sadly the Jelly Donut was listed as completely out of stock for this sale, so The Teen settled for grape soda. I'm on a mission to finish soaping the "new" fragrances I already have before this round gets here.

Used raspberry lemonade yesterday (my first FO ever), and both DH and I got headaches. The soap is outside as I speak. It is going to have to be sent to my daughter to cure. I don't know if I can stand it long enough to let it dry before shipping. This does not bode well for my continued use of FOs.

Used raspberry lemonade yesterday (my first FO ever), and both DH and I got headaches. The soap is outside as I speak. It is going to have to be sent to my daughter to cure. I don't know if I can stand it long enough to let it dry before shipping. This does not bode well for my continued use of FOs.

I would say that's not a good sign at all. I've not made soap with that one yet, only sugar scrubs.

I have that one, but have only used it in the Melt N Pour section of my loofah soaps. I haven't tried to CP it yet. I liked the smell in the M&P.

Just went outside to cut it (and left it under the carport), came in with a headache. This FO is officially off my list of scents to use! I hope it is one of the ones I only got one of.

That one is very, very strong. Don't judge all FOs by it. Mine took about 2 months before it settled down to a manageable level. Thankfully mine was a salt bar, so I put it out of sight for about 6 months and then it was fine.

ETA: I will say it's not the most realistic of scents even after a year... and it's still strong at .8oz ppo in a 50% salt bar.

Last edited:
That one is very, very strong. Don't judge all FOs by it. Mine took about 2 months before it settled down to a manageable level. Thankfully mine was a salt bar, so I put it out of sight for about 6 months and then it was fine.

Wow, I am so glad you said that! (as I break down and take Ibuprofen for this headache.) I was about to post a bunch of FOs for sale. I really, really want to try some of those. I still don't know how I am going to ship wet soap to my daughter. The soap is for her friends in college.

Couldn't figure out why I haven't received my order yet; but checked UPS and found out why it's been in Portland for 3 days Quote

"A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled"

Oh well, I have plenty more gardening to do. All these bare root plants need planting the next several days before the cold weather comes back.

Latest posts

Back