Hi from downunder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSdude

Reaction score
Just popping in to say hi!

Brand spanking new to the forum and to soapmaking for the matter. Been reading the forum for a couple of days and there is so much great info here. What an amazing resource and community it is to learn from. So many people so willing to help others in their quest for great soap.

A little about me and why I'm here.

I've been unwell for about 18 months (not looking for any empathy or sympathy) getting better slowly with still some complications that are yet to be diagnosed. It’s nothing to serious just rather annoying. So I’ve been on a quest change as many things in my life that as I can in terms of what I in and on my body. Hence the interest in soap making.

I've eliminated all the nasties from food (grow my own veggies) and what I don't grow I get from the local farmers market including my meats.

I now want to eliminate the harsh cleaning products for body, clothes etc and the nasties in them from my everyday life also, but I want the adventure that goes along with it . It looks like making my own soap with give me the adventures and frustrations I’m looking for

I know I read somewhere to make CP soap before attempting LS but I'm goanna dive in head first with LS. That’s the best way I learn something new. Been reading the awesome Soaping 101 liquid soapmaking video thread and when I'm finished (halfway now) I'm going to reread it then dive straight in!

Anyway just wanted to give a little background sorry if it's long winded.

Again it's nice to be here looking forward to sharing my soapmaking adventures and misadventures.

Welcome, LSdude! I believe (based on experience) that you have stumbled upon the best recipe for liquid soap you will ever find if you use IrishLass(es) glycerin liquid soap recipe in that thread you are reading. I made my 6th batch of paste some weeks ago, diluted some today to refill our soap dispensers here at home, and am still marveling at how perfectly clear and thick and wonderful it is! It's just perfect every single time.

I wish for your new soaping adventure to be a journey of learning and joy!

Thank you all for the warm welcome, you're making me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

Yep IrishLass's LS is exactly where I'm starting. The exact recipe no alterations. I've read the whole thread once and I'm going to start reading the thread again so everything sinks in take notes etc... That thread is GOLD. So much information in there. If you do read the whole thread it all starts to make sense.

Latest posts

Back