Orange Mix Recommendation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, seawolfe has it right. You don't need to go that low at all. I mix it in at anything less than 160. You loose some of the very top notes but you certainly keep the bulk of the scent. Flash point is the temperature at which there is enough volatile flammable gas being released that will ignite when exposed to a spark or flame. It has to do both with the flammability of the volatile components and also with the volume of volatile matter being released. So some things that are suuuuper flamable have flash points that are super low but aren't even that volatile. There are a few things at work like that. Liquid at room temp but flash point of -40 C.

Just make sure if you're working above the flash point that all sources of ignition are extinguished. We (a club I was in during college) were adding orange eo for flavor to molten candy at 300F (yes, waaay above flash point! But that's what the directions said to do!) And somehow there was a spark. My friends arm was given second degree burns and we had to go to the hospital.

Latest posts

Back