Soap in tube bags? Has anyone tried this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing that page before and wondered why people weren't using the bags. I always meant to get some to try out.

I'm looking for a cheap source myself. If I find one, I'll post it. Maybe do a share package for those who want to try it :)

Found some and it's super cheap. Now to see when I can afford it :)

When I get it I'll let folks know and share some with whoever wants it so we can all experiment and see how many ways we can make a mess hahahaha
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=83794

I've stayed away from making what one friend calls "hockey puck" soaps...says he can't get a good grip on the soap...I'm reminded that's only 1 voice...and personally, I like 'em...

Will funnel swirl work on this? :)

I would think it would. I would want to angle the funnel though, so it ran down the side of the tubing (fewer bubbles?) Or pour at really thin trace so bubbles would be less likely maybe. I'm sure a fan blowing on it would prevent gel, if it even tried to get considering the lack of any insulation at all. I really like this concept for producing a good quantity of soap in a small space (vertical) at one time.

You can buy just a short length of downpipe (not sure what you all it in the U.S.). It comes in 50mm diameter, 65, 80 90 etc. a metre length (which will make about 3 molds 300 mm long is about $5 here at the hardware and last forever!

If you lived closer by you could buy 1m between you and split the cost!

I would think it would. I would want to angle the funnel though, so it ran down the side of the tubing (fewer bubbles?) Or pour at really thin trace so bubbles would be less likely maybe. I'm sure a fan blowing on it would prevent gel, if it even tried to get considering the lack of any insulation at all. I really like this concept for producing a good quantity of soap in a small space (vertical) at one time.

Yes, thin trace might help but gravity is the enemy here. I'm afraid the swirl will come out bad. Tempting to use the long plastic but I haven't seen any to be sold.

If you lived closer by you could buy 1m between you and split the cost!
You can buy just a short length of downpipe (not sure what you all it in the U.S.). It comes in 50mm diameter, 65, 80 90 etc. a metre length (which will make about 3 molds 300 mm long is about $5 here at the hardware and last forever!
I've seen that kind d of downspout and it makes cool looking soap. But I'm interested in the flat poly tubing because it's disposable and easy for making round soaps :)

Yes, thin trace might help but gravity is the enemy here. I'm afraid the swirl will come out bad. Tempting to use the long plastic but I haven't seen any to be sold.
I think if you used sharply contrasting colors, poured down different sides at the same time it would produce a pretty swirl. I've got ideas a'cookin now :)

I've seen that kind d of downspout and it makes cool looking soap. But I'm interested in the flat poly tubing because it's disposable and easy for making round soaps :)

The downspout stuff is round so makes round soap as small as 2 inches. It's easy to get out too.

I guess it's not for everyone. But I can see the plastic tube stuff breaking or leaving lines along the side of the soap. You'd also have to waste the first few inches of each tube to get a perfect piece.

Last edited:
The downspout stuff is round so makes round soap as small as 2 inches. It's easy to get out too.
PenelopeJane...just wondering if you could take a picture of the down pipe material at some point..particularly of the information printed on it...as far as the easy to get out part...do you line it with something or lubricate it in some way?

Latest posts

Back