Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankincense & Myrrh FO with gold sparkle mica pencil lines. This FO will discolor to dark brown so I don't know if the gold lines will be apparent once it's cured but thought I'd give it a shot. At least the tops will have visible gold plus, it smells amazing! :lol:

Gold, Frank & Myrrh.jpg

That's some really pretty soap you've got there! I hope the gold still shows when the soap darkens, it's really pretty. And I love F&M, yummy fragrance.

not a fan of F&M, but that discoloration is pretty cool! you should post some pics again once the discoloration process is complete.

Krista you are on a roll! Those are so gorgeous and rich looking (as in luscious, not expensive. But, now that I think about it....:grin:) Very professional looking too.

Thanks everyone! I was worried the gold veins would disappear after discolor but that's not case with this soap. Now I know the dark discolor will enhance the gold sparkle. Anyone that uses a high vanilla FO can use this mica and it will appear after cure. Woohoo! BTW, it's BB's gold sparkle mica, dry for the pencil line, then the same mica mixed with a bit of OO. I dropped the mixed mica on top then swirled with a skewer like "connect the dots" on top. I'll certainly do this one again! :lol:

Last edited:
They look so opulent and fancy :clap::clap: How long does mica last, by the way? I wanna get some but don't wanna splurge on a 2 oz jar of it if it takes me a lifetime to use it up...

They look so opulent and fancy :clap::clap: How long does mica last, by the way? I wanna get some but don't wanna splurge on a 2 oz jar of it if it takes me a lifetime to use it up...

Hi AustinStraight! Thank you for the kudos. :) This is a 1 oz jar of mica from BB. The cost is $4.50. I have several jars of oxides and micas in this same size I use routinely. They've all been purchased in the last 9 months or so. The only one I've had to replace is the Chrome Green because I use it often. It comes dry so I mix 1 tsp mica in 1 Tbsp soft oil and it goes a long way. For the cost outlay, it's very affordable and doesn't take up a ton of space in my soaping supplies. When it isn't mixed, I don't know that it has an exp. date. In the attached photo the fill line is at about the .75" line. I've only used a couple of tsp out of this jar. I hope this helps! :wave:

Edit: If you don't want to buy a full oz of any specific color, look at the sample packs. BB has several samples of 5 colorants, 0.2 oz each. That's how I decided what types and shades of colors I wanted to invest in.

Gold Sparkle Mica.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back