Has anyone else had this issue?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyQueenBee

Reaction score
I've recently begun mixing my goats milk and Shea bases, for a more luxurious bar. All has gone fine, they seem to blend very nicely, evaporate/set at the same rate, all of it. However, when I attempt to swirl with the combo, they refuse to stay together. Temperature, addins and fragrance are all watched very closely, and I use enough alcohol just as I do with my solid or layered bars. I'm at a loss as to how to remedy this. Should the two just not be blended into one? I've spoken with support from the supplier, and she was at as much of a loss as I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What if you tried keeping them separate (not blending them) and just swirl the different bases together. You could pour one layer of base and then make sure the other base is hotter than the one you just poured...then spray with your alcohol and pour over the soap in the mold while holding it a bit higher than normal. The heat and high pour might allow them to swirl nicely. You might already be doing this...if this is the case I am at a loss as well. :)

I tried that some time ago, and those separated as well. I've gone to one base type per batch, and no problems, though, so I'll stick to just adding in the oil or powder of the one I'm not using from base. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

Owner of Beeswax & Bubbles
www.beeswaxbubbles.com

Care for the world's honey bees. They care for the world.

Back