your favorite masculine scents?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
i have had a request for a bunch of different mens scents and i want to get as many as i can. who has some really good ones? :D

I just made Bay Rum from Oregon Trail and it is fantastic!! I also like Midsummer Night from Peak, & Blue Sugar from Scent Works. Careful with the Midsummer Night though it A's big time, the other two soap like a dream though. Hope this helps :)

Green irish tweed fro scent works is really nice, and their Bay rum as well.

I took a chance on WSP Tobacco Caramel for some reason and it's a nice manly scent. Kind of reminds me of shaving cream. I second Green Irish Tweed.

Masculine Musk from SweetCakes
Green Irish Tweed from TheScentWorks
Midsummer's Night from WSP
Paradise from Daystar (it's more of a unisex lime scent, but all my guys love it)
Classic Old Spice from OregonTrails
Salty Sailor from Daystar

IrishLass :)

Love these kind of questions LOL
Fav Mens fragrances to date

Green tweed from Elements (want to try scentworks)
Bay Rum from Oregan trail
Cedar and Saffron from Bramble Berry :0)

Edited to add that I have Extremely Sexy for Men here from Natures Garden and it has some good reviews so will let you know what I think once I soap it :0)

BLack Canyon from Peaks seems very popular with men and ladies alike. Also Ancient Sedona from Bramble Berry. Vanilla and Sandalwood or Vanilla and Musk (about 50/50) has been well-received. Lime, as well. Men seem to be a little harder to figure out scent-wise than women. Men tell me they overall aren't as interested in scents, but I don't know if that's true as a generalization.

newbie said:
BLack Canyon from Peaks seems very popular with men and ladies alike. Also Ancient Sedona from Bramble Berry. Vanilla and Sandalwood or Vanilla and Musk (about 50/50) has been well-received. Lime, as well. Men seem to be a little harder to figure out scent-wise than women. Men tell me they overall aren't as interested in scents, but I don't know if that's true as a generalization.

I love Black Canyon too!!

Another one you might one to try that might seem a bit bizarre is Zanzibar Clove from Lonestar. It's really nice.

Some that hubby likes ...

Black vetiver cafe from southern garden scents
Bay rum from Oregon trails
Redwood & cedar from bert's heaven scent

And these two gender neutral scents
Sweet orange chili pepper and lime cilantro both from natures garden

I recently got the perfect man and green Irish tweed from ng. They both smell really good, but I haven't soaped them yet.

I'm always on the look out for scents Hubby will like.

funny thing is that i am making all of them for women. :D they want them more than feminine scents. :shock:

Ha! That reminds me of a woman I gave a bar of Ancient Sedona to. She was swooning over it. Said she didn't want to smell like that herself, but it made her think of a man. I told her to keep it on her bedside table and just take a whiff every now and then. She absolutely adored it. Personally, I would love to smell like that!

Maybe there's some sort of trend. I've recently had women very interested in what I though of as my more manly scents, but I don't have too many guys interested in soap. The women love them, though!

newbie said:
Maybe there's some sort of trend. I've recently had women very interested in what I though of as my more manly scents, but I don't have too many guys interested in soap. The women love them, though!

My best sellers tend to be my unisex scents.

I love Cool Water ... my hubby used to wear this more than any other of his 'perfumes' and it's a smell I love to have around. My kids (late 20's) love it also and now their friends (male and female) are asking them to get some from their Mum.

I have many male friends requesting more cakes of the soap I make with EO's sweet orange and patchouli ... which has poppy seeds and oatbran in it.

EO lemon myrtle has also been popular with males, as has the soap I mixed EO's tea tree and lemon.

I like
Green Irish Tweed - NG
Dude - NG
Aqua Di Gio - NG
Stud - NG
Tommy Type - NG

My hunny's fav is LeMale from SOS. I only bought a sample from them and made it into a roll on so I don't know how it behaves in anything except jojoba...

I am totally in love with Cracklin' Birch from Nature's Garden. I bought it to make a soap for my Mr. but I've found that I like using it too. That will be a forever fragrance for me.

tomara said:
newbie said:

I love Black Canyon too!!

Another one you might one to try that might seem a bit bizarre is Zanzibar Clove from Lonestar. It's really nice.

I just got Black Canyon, it makes my eyes roll back in my head (that's good!)

**** mens fo/eo swap?****

Would you ladies like to do a mens fo swap? It would not be a product swap. just a scent swap. You could send little glass vials labeled with the scent or perhaps a sliver of soap if you had some made. I'd love to try all the scents mentioned!

I will PM you all. Please respond to the thread if you would & I can set the swap up when I return on Monday.

Many of your favorite suppliers carry the glass vials 100 count for approx $20.00. It would be a cheap way to try a whole lot of scents! Please think about it.

Latest posts

Back